college

(im just gonna start using the name azalea/azzy/az from now on as the oc even if it doesnt make sense bc they are diff scenarios im just gonna use the same oc name)

azalea sipped her cherry slush alaninu energy drink, she'd been thriving off of three of them for the whole night, and she always used them, even though they gave the worst after-effect. azzy sat at her laptop in her bedroom, shaky and hungry, but she probably wouldn't eat today. she'd been up all night studying for three exams today. she went to law school, and it was lots of work. 

her alarm rang from her phone, vibrating the table. azzy picked up her phone, the time read '7:15' am. her class started in 30 minutes. "ah, fuck" she mentally slapped herself as she didn't even have time for a nap. getting up, she stretched out her back, throwing her laptop into her bag, putting on some new clothes, then heading out the door, eye bags darkened on her face.

hopping into her car, she turned on 'i think i left the stove on' by hotel ugly. to be truthful, azalea didn't have any friends at law. she thought they were all stuck up snobs who were afraid to do anything out of the ordinary. 

she walked into the classroom, totally prepared for the lecture today. plopping herself down, she searched her surroundings. in front of her were multiple students who were asleep, to the left was a male, he wasn't too bad looking, leaving azalea accidentally staring. she zoned out for a little in her delusional state, her gaze unintentionally on him while her brain wandered somewhere else. focusing back on reality, she didn't look away just yet. the boy had very dark hair, small lips, and a beanie to top off his also sleepy state. they shared the same dark eye circles. 

unfortunately, she couldn't get away with side eyeing him for this long. he turned to her, a confused expression mixed with nervousness. he gave a 'are you okay?' look while waving slightly. 'oh my god' she thought to herself. azalea gave an uncertain smile waving slightly as well, to which he chuckled. 

"zoned out?" she was surprised to hear him actually communicating. nobody ever interacted with her here. 

"yeah, how'd you tell?" azalea asked sarcastically.

"just my 'intuition'" he laughed back. at least he had a little humor. "i'm alex" alex smiled at her a friendly, yet tired smile. 

"hey alex, im azalea" she put little effort into turning her lips upward. 

"did you sleep as bad as i did?" he asked her. "you sure like asking questions, alex" she chuckled teasingly.

"sorry, sorry." he turned back to his laptop. 

"nono!" she worriedly stated, reminding herself internally how not everyone would get that humor. she can't lose such a friendly guy so soon. "i was just kidding. im not used to people communicating here." azalea laughed a little. "and to answer your question, what's sleep? i'm thriving off of 3 energy drinks" she stated with words slightly slurred due to her sleepiness.

"oh my god i know right? nobody talks here." alex turned back toward her. "and yeah, i guess i slept a little better than you, im only thriving on one energy drink and one hour of sleep." he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"so much work choosing this life, but i guess i'm excited for court one day" azalea joked. "absolutely" he followed after, but knowing damn well he got as much sleep as he did because he was streaming, not because he was studying. she really did work hard. 

~time skip after classes~

it was three pm, and already she had gotten to know alex pretty well. after the first class they had walked around together, of course they had to split up for classes they didn't have in common, but during their break they went to go get coffee together.