30. Alex (I)

Two Years Later

Two years has passed since I joined the military, Armando has continued to attack me and Maya non-stop . I am getting tired of the constant attacks.

Franco and I have gone through tough times in our relationship because I've been so engrossed with military work.

Maya and Ethan have decided to settle down as soon as Armando is brought to justice but I don't know how long it would take to bring him to justice.

Yna and Ji-yoo had relocated to Australia. I missed them everyday but they usually call me from time to time. Tori got married two months ago and I was so happy for her.

"Good morning Maya". I said as I walked into the dinning room.

"Morning sis...are you going to the camp today". Maya asked

"Yes I am...we have to prepare adequate security for the national peace meeting in two weeks. That's all the information I can tell you, the rest are confidential.

"Ok...anyways, how's your relationship between you and Franco?"
Maya asked.

We both walked to the kitchen island and sat down.

"Well, it's been very rough ever since I joined the military...Franco feels we are drifting apart and I'm having a bad feeling about this. What if he cheats on me like Noah did? I won't be able to bear another betrayal". I said and I put my head down

Maya smiled at me and she raised my head up.

"Don't stress too much, just make more time for your relationship...remember that you are only in the military because of Armando. You might lose Franco if you don't consider him and also if you don't create time for your love to grow. Don't make a mistake that you will regret...make time for your relationship". Maya said and she embraced me.

I smiled at her and I bade her goodbye. I drove to the camp today to prepare for the national peace meeting. I had a bad feeling about that day but I shrugged it off.

After work at the camp, I went to visit Franco at his secret agency. I wanted to surprise him.

I walked towards the building and I found him discussing with his colleagues.

I embraced him from behind and he was startled.

"Sweetheart! What are you doing here?". Franco asked

"Hey hubby, I missed you...I wanted to surprise you". I replied

He smiled and he pecked my lips.

"I missed you too". Franco replied

I looked at his colleagues and I noticed a very intense stare from one of his female colleagues .

"Santi, Ibarra and Alex...meet my fiancee; Rhian". Franco said and he held my waist.

"Nice to meet you Rhian...you are more beautiful in person than in pictures". Santi said

I giggled

"Nice to meet you...Franco is really lucky to have you". Ibarra said

I smiled

Alex stared at me, suddenly she hugged me.

"It's nice to finally meet you Rhian". Alex said and she pulled away from the hug.

I smiled at her

"Guys I'll see you later...I need to have a special time with my future wifey". Franco said and he waved his colleagues.

Santi and Ibarra hugged him and they pulled away. Alex also hugged him but she started rubbing his back. She pulled away and she stared at me intensely.