One Shot: Baby Please Come Home

I didn't want to make a new book just for this but I uploaded a one shot on Archive of Our Own. It's not beta read so there may be some mistakes
————————————————
They're singing Deck The Halls

But it's not like Christmas at all

'Cause I remember when you were here

And all the fun we had last year

Tori sighs as she watches yet another Christmas movie. Normally she'd be ecstatic and happy about binging Christmas movies on Christmas Eve. but this year it's different. Jade isn't with her. She was out of the state and was supposed to return tonight but her flight had been canceled and she wasn't able to get one until December 26th. Tori would spend Christmas without her this year. Jade felt awful and kept apologizing but Tori would hear none of it. After all it wasn't Jade's fault she couldn't find a flight. This time of year was notoriously busy and there was nothing either girl could do. This was Jade and Tori's second Christmas in their shared apartment. To say Tori was looking forward to it was an understatement. Tori loved all things Christmas, she always had. Now she got to spend Christmas with the love of her life and the holiday seemed to be even more magical. Tori would ignore Jade's protests of getting gifts. Tori loved shopping for Jade and despite Jade's hesitance on Tori spending so much money on her, she loved every single gift.

"Tori it looks like Santa Clause threw up in our apartment," Jade said looking at all the decorations her girlfriend put around their apartment. "I'm impressed."

"Jade I just really love Christmas," Tori said beaming. Jade smiled at her girlfriend. If Tori was happy, then Jade was happy. Tori had always loved Christmas. It was always a big deal in the Vega household growing up. Jade on the other didn't care much for the holiday. It wasn't a big deal for her growing up. Her parents never made a fuss about it. Tori was determined to make up for the missed Christmases. "Look under the tree."

"Tori you didn't have to get me all of this," Jade said. She looked at the presents that were wrapped neatly. Each gift said 'To: Jade From: Tori' "I don't deserve all of this."

"You deserve the world," Tori replied before giving Jade a kiss.

Tori is brought back to the present by her phone ringing. She answers it quickly after seeing Jade's contact name appear on her screen.

"Hi baby," Jade says her face popping up on Tori's screen. "I just want to apologize again. I know this isn't how we planned on spending Christmas."

"It's not your fault," Tori said. "The holidays are always chaotic at the airports."

Jade studied her girlfriend's face for a moment. She could tell Tori was trying not to cry with Jade on the phone. Jade felt awful. She knows there's nothing she could have done to prevent her flight from being canceled.

"I miss you," Jade told her girlfriend. That put a small smile on Tori's face.

"I miss you too," Tori replied. "Do you need anything? Where are you going to sleep?"

"The airport is providing hotel rooms to the people affected. It's a nice gesture but I'd rather be home cuddling with my girlfriend." Jade says. "By the way I got you more gifts."

"Jade!" Tori exclaims. "Aren't you the one who always complains I get you too much stuff?"

"Yes but the difference is out of both of us you'd be the one on Santa's nice list," Jade says.

"You're nice too Jade," Tori replies to her. "You've definitely gotten better now that you're dating me. You've gone soft." Tori says the last part with a mischievous glint.

"Don't go around telling people I'm soft Vega," Jade warns. She's not actually mad. It's a back and forth Tori and her have been doing since they started dating.

"They already know," Tori said with a laugh. Jade looks at the screen and frowns. Before Tori could ask what was wrong Jade speaks up.

"I'm getting another call. I have to go," Jade says. "I love you. Have a good nights rest."

"You too. I love you more," Tori tells her girlfriend. Jade rolls her eyes.

"Not possible," Jade says. Jade ends the call and Tori sighs. She really misses her girlfriend and she wished she were here. Tori continues her movie marathon. She avoids the ones about love. She'd normally enjoy them but she can't find it in her to enjoy it while she misses Jade so much.

"Just because it's set in December and it has a Christmas scene doesn't make it a Christmas movie," Tori huffed.

"That's what a Christmas movie is," Jade argued back.

"Yeah but 'The Scissoring' isn't a Christmas movie," Tori retorts.

"It could be," Jade suggests. "Will that get you to finally watch it?"

"No," Tori says. "Nothing will get me to watch it."

"Not even if I feed you snacks, cuddle you and hold your hand?" Jade asks. Tori thinks about it for a moment.

"It's a maybe," Tori sighs and Jade cheers. She was one step closer to getting her girlfriend to watch her favorite movie.

Tori starts crying thinking about the memory. She misses Jade so much. She knows she shouldn't be this upset about Jade not being there. After all they would still celebrate Christmas together. It would just be a late celebration. Tori falls asleep while watching Rudolph . As she falls asleep she hopes for a Christmas miracle. She hopes Jade can come home now.

Baby please come home (please)(Christmas) baby please come home

(Christmas) baby please come home

(Christmas) baby please come home (Christmas)

"Baby?" A voice says waking Tori up from her slumber. Tori sees Jade and rubs her eyes to make sure she's not dreaming.

"Is this real life?" Tori asks sleepily. Jade smiles and nods.

"This is real you dork," Jade says. Tori instantly leaps into Jade's arms. It takes Jade by surprise but she welcomes it anyways. "Merry Christmas Tori. Do you want to open presents?"

"No I want to sleep and cuddle with you," Tori says. She glances at the clock. It's 7:15 AM. This is normally the time Tori would wake up to open presents but right now she just wants to enjoy Jade. "How'd you get home?"

"Remember the phone call I got?" Jade asks. Tori sleepily nodded her head and Jade continued. "I thought it was them canceling my flight on the 26th but they actually had an extra seat on a flight and I obviously jumped at the opportunity so now I'm here."

"I'm glad you're here. I missed you so much," Tori says kissing her girlfriend.

"I know you just want to sleep and cuddle but can you open just one present before we do that?" Jade hands Tori a small present. It's messily wrapped. Jade still hadn't gotten the hang of wrapping presents. Tori didn't mind though. She thought it was adorable that Jade couldn't wrap presents. Tori unwraps the gift and to her surprise it's a small black box. She looks at Jade with wide eyes and Jade takes the box from Tori. She gets down on one knee and takes a deep breath.

"Tori, the past few years have been absolutely amazing. I love you so much. I can't put into words how much I love you. I'm a better person because of you. I came with baggage and that never scared you away. You've stayed at my side throughout it all. I would love to spend the rest of my life with you. Victoria Elizabeth Vega will you do me the honors of marrying me?" Jade asks and Tori starts crying. Jade stands up and is immediately hugged by Tori. They share a kiss before the break apart.

"Yes Jade. A million times yes," Tori says through tears. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Vega," Jade says. "Although you won't be Vega for much longer."

—————-
Follow me on Twitter @jorichansaw