Chapter Two: Meeting Mikey Fuckin' Way (but it's not what you think)

It was nine in the morning and Frank had just woke up, it was also raining - which was a good thing - if it wasn't cold out, or at least 50 degrees out, but no, it just had to be 47 with a two degree wind chill.

Sometimes it comes in handy when you watch the news, people may make fun of Frank: the 16 year old boy who watches the 6 in the morning news. But guess who knows the temperature when someone asks?

Definitely not the jock that spent the morning jacking off to a naked picture of his girlfriend. Or whatever the fuck they do in the morning in their free time.

Usually Frank loved rain, but only when it was warm. And not have the possibility of snow. Snow/rain mixes suck.

Frank sat on the couch with his legs crossed in front of him with a plate of buttered toast in his lap and the 9 o'clock news; they always have news on on at least one channel.

He picked up the toast when the doorbell rang, making Frank jumped and turn around to glare accusingly at the door who did absolutely nothing.

But he got up nonetheless, reluctantly setting the plate down and opening the door in his faded black sweatpants and Metallica shirt.

A little scrawny boy stared at Frank. He towered over him just a little bit, he wore glasses and his hair tucked underneath in an incredibly dorky-yet adorable way.

"Hello..?" Frank asked with a raised eyebrow. "May I help you?"

"Yes um...I'm Mikey Way and I was just wondering if um...my mom told me to come here...she asked your mom if you could babysit me because of work - even though I totally don't need a babysitter but yeah...can I come in?" The scrawny boy stuttered - his identity now being confirmed that he was a Mikey Way. Fuck! Brother of Gerard Way, the 16 year old boy who's killed a kid because his anger got the best of him.

He'd seen the kid with Gerard and an older women at school events, just never really cared enough the learn the name that went with the face.

"So you're saying that my mom pretty much volunteered me to be your babysitter? Even though you don't need one..?" Frank asked, letting the boy in and trying to get the idea of what was going on without the stuttering mess along with it.

Mikey nodded and walked in. "Yeah...do you think a 12 year old boy needs a babysitter?" The scowl on his face mixed with the silent but desperate plead for Frank to agree with him was fucking adorable-everything about this kid so far was adorable.

"No...so, let's just think of this as more of me being and older friend that you hang out with during the day because you're bored, yeah?" Frank asked. He didn't want Mikey to be sad about this any longer.

But Mikey nodded anyway, a small smile making it's way to his face. "Cool! I have an older friend!"

Frank smiled and closed the door, walking over to his now cold toast and picking it up and eating it. "Did you have breakfast?" He asked with a mouthful of food.

He nodded and sat down next to Frank. "Are you watching the news?" Mikey asked, his nose scrunching up due to the fact that his glasses were sliding down his nose. He seemed to wear them close to the tip of his nose just because they'd fall back down anyway.

Frank nodded as he stood up and walked the plate into to the kitchen and setting the plate carefully into the sink. "Yeah...is that a problem?"

"No." Mikey shook his head, "my brother watches the news a lot...but I'm pretty sure it's to see all the murders, kidnaps, abductions and all the other crimes they usually mention."

Frank sighed and sat back down, of course that's what he'd watch. Fucking murders, what exactly does he do in his free time? Scratch that - he didn't really want to know anyway.

"So um...I heard that your school was closed for a few days..." Mikey asked after a few minutes of silence, well as silent as silent could be with the news reporter talking in the background.

Frank nodded. "Gerard almost killed a kid because he was called something...or something." He shrugged, "it's not the first time - hey, why aren't you in school?"

Mikey sighed and looked away for a minute before bringing his attention back to Frank. "I'm homeschooled, I used to get bullied and I wasn't strong enough to stand up to any of them and then it just...it got way out of hand."

"Oh...well um...I'm sorry." Frank mumbled, knowing that a lousy sorry wouldn't fix a goddamned thing. "If you excuse me, I need to get dressed."

Frank jogged to the stairs and took then two at a time before slipping into the room and locking it before digging into his shirt drawer. He just decided that the Smashing Pumpkins shirt and old skinny jeans would work just fine.

-

When Frank was done getting ready for the day, he walked back downstairs to see that Mikey had changed the TV station to Adventure Time and was laughing at the childish (but amazing) show.

"Hi...was it okay that I did this?" He asked, waving the remote in the air. Frank nodded and sat down in the armchair and pulled his shoes on. "Where are you going?" Mikey asked nosily from the couch.

"No where."

"But you're putting on your shoes Frank." Mikey stated, pointing at the shoes. "One doesn't put on their shoes and go nowhere." Where did the kid hear that?

"Do you want to go somewhere with me...for lunch, later?" Frank asked, raising his eyebrows. Not now; it was only 10:30.

He smiled and nodded happily, okay, Frank could kind of see why Mikey Way needed a babysitter at the age of twelve...he seemed to be somewhat childish and a little like a lost puppy at times.

And lost puppies were sad.

"When...can we go now? I don't like being trapped in a building for too long." How do you sleep, then?

Frank sighed out and stood up, he couldn't drive yet, so they'd have to walk.

Sometimes living in town had it's perks. Others, not so much...like ten noisy and nosey neighbors who tend to watch everything you do when you are outside (like the old lady across the street). And the traffic and stray cats that come into the yard on a daily basis.

Surprisingly, there were a ton of cats in the neighborhood, and Mikey had to pet every single one of them that went by.

"Mikey! Let's go!" Frank snapped with gritted teeth. This was an odd place with odd people and Frank hated being in this are. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Just Pizza Hut. I want pizza." Mikey said.

And Frank wanted to babysit a kid that doesn't pet every cat he sees; whether it has rabies or suspicious looking marks or even hair!

Frank didn't really even want to babysit in the first place, and he kind of forced himself to call it babysitting since the kid definitely needed a babysitter.

"Okay then." Frank said, resorting to not go with what he just thought and crossed the street.

The place wasn't that busy, considering it was only 11. But Mikey just had to have pizza at 11.

-

Frank didn't eat because Mikey wanted a pepperoni pizza. And he didn't want two separate pizzas for the two of them.

The door then opened and the two figures walked in. Oh fuck! Frank panicked slightly when Gerard and the only guy who even liked him; Bert walked into the restaurant. Gerard didn't scare Frank, but it was the fact that he was with his little brother.

What would he think?

He thought they would be safe until Mikey saw and started waving in a maniacal way. "Gerard! Over here!"

No...Frank glared at the little boy and turned his head to the window, pretending to be interested on what's going on outside; like the cars splashing in the puddles of the now cloudy but clear sky.

Gerard had turned and grinned walking over, Bert behind him.

"Hello Mikey...Frank."

Okay, I had this chapter planned out, kinda sorta but how did it get so long? Just kidding, it's probably not even bad, just long to me because this is the longest chapter I have ever wrote in any of me stories...