Chapter Thirteen

Frank was about to go up to bed when the sound of someone knocking on the door stopped him from doing so. He turned his attention from the stairs to the wooden door.

Honestly who would be knocking this late?

But being the person Frank was and not thinking about his actions, he unlocked the door and opened it. "Hello-"

"Hi, I'm probably the last person you'd expect here. I know, but I wanted to talk to you and talk you out of maybe not liking me, maybe?" He asked with a hopeful smile, his bottom lip slightly tucked between his teeth.

"Well it's late...but would you like to come in?" Frank asked. Only being polite.

"Yeah. Thanks." He slipped past Frank though the door and waited for him to shut the door and lead him through a hallway.

"So - why exactly are you here?" Frank asked, motioning to a chair and then reaching up into a cupboard. "Coffee?"

"Yes please, and like I said - I kind of wanted to apologize for being a complete scrub and maybe show the best in me."

Frank raised an eyebrow. Him, show the best in...oh wait. Was that supposed to be sexual? Was that why there was another lip bite and wink?

"O-okay." Frank nodded and fiddled with the coffee maker. "Talk."

"Oh well um - I'm sorry for coming between you and Gerard like that. He's just my best friend and has been since forever and then you came along and-"

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to get involved with Gerard - to be honest, I absolutely fucking hated him. But now I realize we're actually alike you know?" Frank interrupted with an eyebrow raise. He grabbed two cups and filled them.

"How so?" Bert asked, folding his two hands underneath his chin. "Expand on that."

"More like the personalities I guess - we're both smart, don't deal with people's shit."

Frank went to put milk in one of the cups when he felt a hand graze the bottom of his shirt. The last of his words stuck in the back of his throat.

"I like people who don't take shit from no one." His voice whispered, his hand pulling the shirt up slightly. "It's quite a turn on, you know."

"Uh - um, thanks?"

Bert chuckled, "to be honest, I really hated you - much like you did Gerard. But after seeing you; do you know how good you look? Like all the time."

Frank couldn't make any noise except for a slight squeal in his throat.

Bert took Frank by the shoulders and turned him around so they were facing each other, "do you still hate me?"

What was Frank supposed to say? He panicked, he couldn't even say anything right now. Almost mute at the moment.

"You don't have to answer, baby." Bert grinned as he cupped Frank's face and leaned in, touching his lips to Frank's. "I know the effect I'm having on you."

But that's the problem. His brows furrowed, was it even Bert's doing? Or just the sudden contact and movements and words he was doing?

Frank only tried his best to not look Bert in the eye, but giving in and kissing back.

"Just relax." Bert soothed and lifted Frank's shirt higher, and over his head. Oh hell, what was happening?

-

"Mikey - will you talk to your brother?" Gerard asked. Mikey was sitting on the couch with his comic book in his lap, he was more concentrated on the cartoons on the TV. "I'm missing your voice, you know."

"Psh." Mikey rolled his eyes. "I talk all the time, you know it's like physically impossible for me to not talk - I just won't talk to you - wait - I am now, aren't I?"

Gerard nodded.

"I guess I'll talk to you now. You're my brother again - now, can you make me popcorn?"

Gerard laughed, "can I have some if I do?"

"Yeah. Sure." Mikey nodded with a geeky smile as his brother got up to make him food.

Gerard got up and walked to the kitchen. Looking up, he noticed something a little odd. The fact that there was someone standing at Frank's doorstep.

Why the hell? He looked more closer, the lights making it a little hard to see into the dark.

It looked like Bert and surprisingly he was let in. Should he be worried...?

Technically, the two weren't together. So if anything was going on between Frank and Bert...no. There was nothing.

Gerard shrugged it off and continued with the popcorn he was making for his brother.

He shouldn't be worried though. Frank hated Bert.

So...there was nothing. Gerard still panicked as he watched the microwave spin and made up all these crazy guesses and assumptions. He'd just ask. It was simple.

-

Gerard eyed Frank from the corner of his eye. He seemed fine.

The two sat quietly on Frank's doorstep the next day after school. None of them talked, but Frank definitely had something on his mind. He wanted to tell - he just didn't know how to.

"Gerard." Frank blurted and looked over to the mentioned guy. "I- I have a confession."

"Yeah Frank?" Gerard asked quietly, this seemed to really be messing with him at the moment. So it really made Gerard wonder how bad this really was.

"I um - Bert came over yesterday." Frank mumbled.

"I know. I saw him at your door." Gerard confirmed, nodding his head and playing it off as not a big deal. But slightly bigger then he was letting on.

"He- he said he wanted to a-apologize for being a 'scrub' - his words. So I let him come in for coffee and see what he had to say." He blushed and looked to the ground. "We didn't have coffee."

It was a little confusing, and if Gerard had coffee, he'd be spitting it on the ground right now. What?

"What are you saying?" Gerard asked.

"He kissed me Gerard - he told me he liked me and how I took no one's shit and lifted my shirt-"

"Where are you going with this, Frank?" Gerard demanded, his own voice faltering.

"He had sex with me. I didn't want it - but I didn't necessarily stop him." Frank mumbled into his hands. He pulled his jackets hood over his head and looked away.

"What? Why didn't you stop him?" Gerard shrieked. "You realize that could be -"

"No! It wasn't - I didn't hate it and I didn't even try to stop it - Gerard, I'm a coward and it was late and I'm - how mad are you?"

"Uh very - did you expect me not to be?"

"I'm not sure..."

_________________________________

The ending of this is in two parts kind of so..