Chapter 11: Bonfire Pt. 3

"Wow, so you really thought I was a WEREWOLF!" I yelled while laughing as Willow blushed in embarrassment. I was on the verge of falling off the rock I sat on while Agustus followed along as he and the girl sat on separate logs.

"What! It was just a theory!" She said in a blush while me and Augustus continued laughing our butts off. "You can't be laughing too Augustus!"

"I know but the demon realms vampires make my theory look more reasonable than a hairy immature man barely hitting puberty!" Augustus yelled as the both of us started to die more from laughter. I couldn't help but think back to the "werewolf" Lucia had scared off with a glance when he tried to steal money from us causing me to start wheezing.

It only took one question to be asked by me which led us into a laughing fit and us getting along with each other. I had to explain how vampires were the wanna-be cool people while werewolves were just pubescent adults who could shift into wolves but look like, what Augustus explained to be, the "human versions of furries" whatever that means. Which is what led up to this matter.

"Okay, can you ask the next question..." Willow asked while looking away to hide her embarrassed blush as we started to calm down.

"Alright alright just give me a breather," I said while trying to calm down and catch my breath, Augustus did the same while getting up from the floor in which he had fallen off the first time of our laughing fit.

"So what did y'all mean by 'weirdness in town?"I asked as the two looked at each other with a serious look before turning to me.

"Well for starters what all do you know about the town?" Augustus asked as I thought for a good second before smiling embarrassingly.

"Well, I know part of town is old and the other new..." I said as we all smiled until theirs started to slowly fade away.

"Graves Field is an old town that has a lot of history with witch trials and especially witch hunters, so already the town can be considered creepy," Augustus said as he started to fiddle with his hands. "So the fact that there are constant reports of strange occurrences happening seems pretty normal, especially over the years."

"Do you know when it started?" I asked as Willow this time started to explain

"Maybe about 60? It's not as old but I'm sure you can search in records at the town library." She said as she adjusted herself leaning onto her thighs with her head in her hands.

"It started maybe months ago that strange occurrences had started to occur more often than usual, way more often. It's usually the unexplained stuff mostly cryptic but in media, we just pin it all on paranormal," Willow glances at Agustus as he has now stopped fidgeting and looked ready to talk again.

"At first we didn't believe it, well we did but we thought it was fake and all pranks as there were many incidents where they were pranks. So the fact that there could be something out there seemed less likely to people our age. But that all changed around a few months ago, Willow and I were walking around the nearby forest one evening and we stumbled upon claw marks on trees as well as broken branches and some unknown prints on the ground.
At first, we didn't think much, if anything we thought it was the start of some prank operation so without thought we followed the tracks. It didn't take long before we heard random noises of crying or whining of sorts and a large growl of a beast, but it was nothing we could ever imagine. We had glanced through the trees ahead catching a glimpse of a weird dismorphed creature that had turned to us immediately and ran past us without us even realizing until it shoved us aside."

"We were both shocked and didn't know what to do till we came back to a normal state," Willow added continuing with the story. "We found a goo-like... muck of sorts on the ground from when it ran past us, luckily we had a bottle of water so we emptied it and carefully put the muck in using a stick."