Chapter 33

Nel's senses woke first and she turned around on the bed with small sigh. Xavier. Where is he?

She opened her eyes to see she was the only one on the bed. What did he leave her and go to already?

"Since you woke up on your own and without any distractions, the scent dew doesn't seem to have much of an effect on you anymore. Even Miley is recovering quickly. Good Afternoon." Xavier said before her mind could go on overdrive. She whipped her head in his direction in relief before she paused.

"You also made Miley inhale the 'scent dew'?" She eyed him with skeptism. He shook his head and inhaled. It might turn to something else if he didn't take care of Miley and bring her to the house. Nel would not forgive herself.

"Yolanda... did it to keep secrets secrets. Miley had already found out about your families demon lineage. It turns out that the only people who aren't demons are the first borns and their non-demon parent..." He trailed off. Nellyda's head was bent low and she was meditating on something.

"Is something wrong." He asked, deciding if or not to stand from his position to meet her.

"You weren't here the whole night, were you?" She asked out of the blue. Xavi took it that she didn't like the previous topic and hence, dismissed it. But it also looked like she wanted to bark at him for leaving her alone on the bed.

He shook his head and guaged her reaction. She sulked a little and pouted and he smiled at her.

"But I'm here now." He finally stood and went to hug her. Nel held in a gasp and slowly unstiffened. She missed his hugs even though it was just twice they did. Her face had a dark tint as she slowly brought her hands to his back.

"You feel better now?" He asked, smiling at her hair. She made nodding movements and snuggled in closer to his chest.

"I miss hugging you like this." He said into her hair with more confidence and she blushed.

I was just thinking the same thing.

"But it was just twice." She said quietly and he let out a soft chuckle.

"Tell me you didn't miss it." She could hear the cockiness in his voice and she rolled her eyes. She relaxed more into him for a response and he smiled.

She did miss me.

They couldn't bring themselves to pull away from each other. They were already addicted. She to his scent of fresh lilies and he to her.

"Where is Miley now?" She asked in a hushed whisper.

"The next room." He answered with the same tone. She raised her head and looked at him with wide eyes.

"You brought her here?" She blinked and he nodded with a small smile.

She let out a relieved sigh and then smiled widely.

"I thought I wasn't going to see any of them again." She reluctantly drew away from the hug and stood from the bed.

"She's not awake now. She'd come around early tomorrow morning." He said. She stopped and looked at him. Then her shoulders dropped and she sat on the bed.

"Why do you always give it three days?" She whined.

"Yola gave her two days which is near fatal to humans but I'm sure she had taken something before then. I won't even be surprised if she didn't lose any memory." He explained, looking down at nothing in particular.

"Lose any memory?" She tilted her head.

"The scent dew is one of the main illicit anaesthetics produced in the demon realm. Since it's the demon realm, it isn't illicit." He scoffed. "It erases the memory of humans who inhale the scent of the liquid from seven to ten minutes before inhaled depending on the weight and concentration of the liquid. But only tranquilizing effect affects demons." He explained further as she stayed quiet the whole while.

"How do you know all this?" She asked and sharply tilted her head. He was only a demon for how long and he knows all this.

"For months was enough to learn about the medical guard work." He said and choose his words carefully. Then she pursed her lips and nodded.

"So... what do you want to do today?" He say up on the bed and asked. Nel looked up at him and blinked.

"Hmm. Let's see..." She looked up at the ceiling like what she was looking to do was written up there.
"We'll first shower then..." She started.

"Together?" Xavier cut in and clamped his mouth shut. Nellyda sharply turned to him and widened her eyes.

Was he thinking straight?

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to say that. I really meant something else. What I meant to say was at the same time. Yeah, at the same time in different bathrooms. Not together. Never. Not in the same shower..." Xavier was rambling until Nel shut him up.

"Okay." She half shouted. "Calm down, I know... I believe it was an accident." She said a bit flustered. Xavier pursed his lips at her choice of words.

She must think I'm a perv now.

"We'll first shower... in different bathrooms. Then can we... make breakfast together? I really like the kitchen's aesthetics. So you have an mp we could use to play music and then we could eat in that small parlour room at the end of the corridor. Then we can watch movie then..." Nel's speech was excitedly uncontrolled until Xavi chuckled making her stop.

"Whatever you want Nel. But we're going out by seven." He stood from the bed and face her.

"I'm ready when you are." He said and hugged her again. She hugged him back and they reluctantly to avoid being glued to each other. Then he left the room.

Her view of him was a complete contrast to what she had when she first met him. Then he was that ruthless guy with no emotions. But now, he was that one person she could trust with her life. He was her best friend now. Her protector.

Happy new year my lovelies 🥰🥰🥰
Welcome to the new with joy and utmost gladness.

And it is with joy and utmost gladness that I update this book. Have a Happy New Year kids. Byeeee.