Chapter 46

"Show yourself." He said in a low demanding tone and almost immediately a black haired girl materialized at the corner of the room.
She immediately fell on her knees afraid he was going to send her to the inhouse.

"Your highness." Her voice shook before she took a quick glance at him.

So this is Prince Jerome.

"Who sent you here?" It was as though a dark shadow was cast on his face with his eyes blazing red. He looked so menacing, it lead her to cry.

"I just wanted to see the other realms so badly. I promise I won't come up here again Your Highness, please." Her body shook violently with sobs as she bowed to the floor. Jerome tilted his head as if to studs her and then looked away.

"Name?" He asked and she lofted her head.

"Nolita." She responded. What did he care for her name when she had clearly done something so lamentable. Here he was, just asking for her name? What if he's planning to do something worse than the inhouse?

"Nolita. How were you able to hide yourself especially when a strong sealing spell is active?" He asked in a less menacing tone. Definitely he was surprised.

The sealing spell was one of the top five strongest spells. These spells could only be cast by the royals since only they had the energies to. Plus the level of anger Xavier had used to cast the spell, making it unbearably stronger and she, a sixteen year old commoner, was able to cast a self concealing spell without draining herself and her energies. This spell was meant to maybe even kill her.

Nolita stopped sobbing and thought of the question. Then she looked at Rosa, wondering if or not she should answer in the presence of a human.

"Don't mind her." He said to ease her thoughts. If he tried reading the mind of someone this strong, she would know and be flustered.
She nodded and pursed her lips.

"Balance." She simply answered. He looked at her, meditating on her answer.

"What level and duration of balance is this?" He asked again.

"Almost a week's worth of balance and probably on a higher level than yours." She said and Jerome couldn't help but raise a brow. Jerome knew he was currently working with less than three hours worth of balance. And did she just say 'on a higher level'?

"I can also activate and deactivate on command." She felt what she was doing was close to bragging. But she was at the mercy of the feared Crowned Prince Jerome. She had to tell him everything she knew.

Jerome had never heard of activating and deactivating acquired balance. And given the way she spoke, she wouldn't discard of the balance if she deactivated hence, preserving it.
How much stronger was this girl? He'll definitely need her now.

"You can leave this place, right? I need you to leave this street without anyone seeing you. Wait for me out there now." He ordered and she nodded firmly.

"As you wish, Your Highness." She bowed and disappeared. He felt her presence pass by him and he nodded satisfied.

"Remember Mrs Rosa. Mother must not find that bottle." He spoke in Rosa's mind, startling her and she nodded frantically. She was still recovering from the shock of what those two demons spoke about some seconds ago. There would be so much more to understand if she couldn't understand what the hell they said.

Jerome left the room as sober as he went in, and then he abruptly moved to the left. A vase replaced the spot where his head would have been with a loud smash. And his mother bore holes into him, heaving like a monster.

"With all due respect, Mother. Father's death is making you sicker and blood thirsty by the second. The vase has done nothing wrong. And it doesn't even have blood." He said in his deep sugary sweet voice and looked at her blankly. Yolanda swiftly moved forward and dragged his collar.

"What did you tell her? Why couldn't I hear anything you were saying? What does she know?" Yolanda's eyes were a queer shade of red. More like forbidden red. And the tips of her teeth weren't smooth anymore from grinding.

"She knows nothing, Mother. And you tried to kill someone as her and her child. How much more atrocious could you be?" Jerome's eyes grew shades darker than hers and he roughly moved her hands. Then he moved towards the stairs.

"It's sad the inhouse doesn't take royals which is absolutely abominable. But I will set you straight for the time being. You're clearly losing your mind." He said again and popped open a bottle from his pockets and started to pour it's contents as he walked down the stairs.

Yolanda inhaled the scent and got even angrier.
"What disrespect! You open a bottle of feral waters because you feel your mother is going mad! How dare you?" Yolanda shouted at him but he kept walking away. And then she stopped and slid to the ground, sitting. Then she closed her eyes to sleep.