Chapter 36.

Jerome was up in his room at his desk, silently meditating on one person. Nellyda. He had already prepared himself years ago that he would be the one to tell his daughter who exactly she was, since he wasn't fully in support of his mother hindering the signs of her real existence with that flaming lake anaesthetic.
A.K knew about it, but did she really have a say in all of it? Somehow, they both knew that she would come to know about it sooner than later.

Now that he did tell her who she was, he didn't think he'd have to bother about a stupid vampire prince. Why was this idiot so hell bent on getting his daughter when it was already clear to him years ago that she's a demon? The vampire's enemy. Why couldn't the vampires be rational and sensible beings? Why did they take the path of stupidity and idiocy.

"Hey, Old man. I don't know why the hell you're keeping me hostage in your fucking house but you have to unchain me right now. Is this how you were treated as a prince? I'm older than you, you know?" Luka shouted at him with a fierce oven fire color in his eyes and Jerome just looked at him blankly.

"You're older than me but you call me an old man. How much more of an idiot could you be?" He said calmly, sipping on the blood in his cup and watching Luka struggle from the chains.

The previous night, Jerome had called Xavier to inquire about some vampire Harry told him about. Jerome offered to keep him in his house since he was still very knowledgeable in making anaesthetics that worked most effectively on the vampires.

"If you don't want me to put you out for another four hours, stop growling like a dog if you don't mind. I'll be having visitors in a few minutes." He finished the liquid in his cup and picked up a knife like syringe, tapping it to let out the bubbles.

"How do you know that when the square object you have in your possession is switched off and you're always in this god-damned room?" He mused with a hiss and Jerome tilted his head in slight confusion.

"It's called a phone, Idiot. A phone." He squints at him before looking at him plainly.

"And I see you're not ready to comply." He said with some kind of sugar in his voice as he threw the knife to land on Luka's neck. It automatically pushed the drug into his vein. Then dropped to the floor when it's job was done.

"Ghaa! How dare you?!" Luka screamed in pain as the drug painfully ran through his veins and to his heart, deadening all his powers and energies and making him weak. His pale color changed to that of a human.

"Do you want to be put to sleep? I can give you the other various doses. I've only given you the flaming lake." Jerome raised another syringe with a plain but sugar sweet smile.

"No, please. I beg you." Luka shreiked, backing up against the wall in fear. Jerome paused and tilted his head with a small blank smile.

"Good. Shut up and don't move." He said with death in his voice before taking his time to leave the room.

"That bastard. Imma kill him." Luka growled and slammed his feet on the floor. Jerome walked back in and Luka stayed quiet with a grumpy face.

"You know how stupid you are? The fact that you made a ruckus and then sit still like I wouldn't hear it." He effortlessly swung the syringe to the same spot the last one hit and pushed the drug harder.

"No! Argh! What the actual fuck!" He screamed in excruciating pain, the drug burned his insides and he felt dizzy. Blood pumped to his head and his erratic breathing slowed down before be slumped on his side.

"For another six hours." Jerome looked at his watch to see when next that vampire will be awake to disturb his peace of mind before walking down the corridor, to the stairs and finally the parlour.

Jerome calmly sat on a couch and looked out his window. Then he heard the front door open and close and then tiptoed foot steps which made him shake his head.

Childish creatures

They got to the opening before the parlour and paused.

"What the hell, J.K." They both said in unison and unstiffened before walking to where he was.

I can't believe you joined your sister in her childish escapades when you could just walk in like a man, Z.K. I'm disappointed." Jerome said flatly and watched his siblings laugh nervously.

"What could I do? Are you aware that now you're so alert and silent that it would be a victory if we walked in on you and scared the shit outta ya?" Zaire scratched the back of his head sheepishly with a charming smile.

"Exactly! And I'm not childish. I'm aye O.K." Olivia joked with a smirk and winked.

Z.K. and O.K. were his younger siblings. His overbearing younger siblings that let out too much light everywhere they went. Just. Too. Much. Light.

"Olivia that joke is twenty-five years old now." Zaire deadpanned with an blank look on his face.

"No. I wasn't joking. What made you think I was joking?" She whined and puffed her cheeks.

"The way you're blushing and puffing your cheeks." He answers in a sort of bored voice.

"Waaaaah! Jerome, Z.K's bullying me." Olivia turned to Jerome with whining. But when he just stared back at her she deadpanned.

"When you're both ready, we could sit down like adults and discuss what you're here for." He said and watched them unfazed.

"I still wonder when you became such a boring stone and why." Olivia sighed with a groan before sitting next to Zaire.

Jerome took a brief glance at her before settling his gaze on Zaire.

"What are you here for?"