03

Umm, hi! Bohot time ho gaya. Sorry 🥲

As he walked towards his car, his driver opened the back door, wishing him and Manik climbed in, staring out of the window at the passing scenery as the car started before he closed his eyes, leaning his head against the seat.

His heart refused to believe that despite their situation, Nandini would ever do this to him. Manik immediately snapped his eyes open as Nandini came in front of him behind closed lids.

'For fuck's sake! It was her who had climbed in another man or men's bed when he had fucking provided her with everything. Why couldn't she refrain herself?' His brain, betrayed by his wife and now Nandini, reprimanded, 'Why can't women refrain themselves? Doesn't matter how much he loves or trusts them, they make sure that they can pierce his heart to pieces.'

"You wanted to fucking repay me, Nandini." Manik mumbled to himself, "I'll make sure you pay back every damn penny." Raking his fingers through his hair, Manik ordered his driver, "Take me to fifth street of Shanti Colony."

*****

Sitting with her hand supporting her head, Nandini patted Kabir to sleep, her finger tracing the mole on his finger absentmindedly. Her body felt drained yet a restless in her heart kept her awake.

Looking at Kabir, his eyelids closed and his breath turning deeper with each passing second, she pressed a kiss on his cheek softly. Taking in his innocence while he was sleeping soundly, an exact replica of his, her heart filled with immense love and she couldn't help but kiss his cheek again. Her mind slowly drifted back to the day her life turned upside down.

"We're sorry to say but your mother is suffering from blood cancer. We need to immediately start her chemo because she has reached her last stage. The more we extend her treatment, the further it will worsen." Doctor's words echoed in Nandini's mind as she covered her head with a dupatta, her heart ready to burst out of chest as the auto driver dropped her off in front of a small building in an empty street. Loud raunchy music reached Nandini's ears the closer she walked to the building.

The moment she entered the building, she felt eyes all over her, making Nandini brush them off as I moved towards the room at the right corner. She knocked on the door, and a minute later, a big man opened the door, eyeing her up and down, making her shift on feet in nervousness.

"Kya chahiye?"

"Madam se milna hai. Kaam lena hai. Dr. Randhir se baat hui hogi," Nandini replied, shivering as she imagined the doctor, who recommended her this job when she told them their family's financial problems, eyeing her up and down disgustingly.

"Let her come in," a womanly voice said, making the man step aside. Swallowing, she entered the room, where a woman was sitting alone on a couch with a cup of tea.

"Nandini, right?" She nodded my head.

"Remove your dupatta," she ordered as she placed her cup on the table and got up. Nandini did as she said with shaky hands, reminding herself that it was all for her mother, before she gasped as she cupped her breasts. Nandini looked down in shame, clenching her hands in a fist, as she inspected her, probably to make sure that nothing was fake.

Once she was done, Nandini immediately picked up her dupatta and covered herself.

"Kabhi sex kiya hai pehle?" she asked, smiling as Nandini shook my head, her heart beating miles a minute.

"Hmm, paak ladkiya bohot kam milte hain aaj kal. Acha paisa aayega. Come tonight at eight. You will have your first customer," she ordered Nandini, making her nod her head before she turned around to leave with a heavy heart.

Her trance was broken and she frowned in confusion as the bell rang. Getting up gently, she draped her dupatta and hurried towards the front door before the person could ring the bell again and wake up Kabir. Looking through the peephole, she froze as Manik stood on the other side of the door.

She contemplated opening the door until he raised his hand to again ring the bell. As she flung open the door, Manik lowered his hand as their eyes met. He couldn't help himself as his eyes took in her disheveled self, making her shift on her feet in nervousness. She was wearing a simple blue anarkali with her hair down while the dupatta draped around her and a small bindi adorned her forehead.

"Aap yaha?" Nandini queried, grateful that her voice didn't stutter, bringing Manik back to the present.

"Haan. Kyun koi problem hai? I thought you would be used to it. Having men around," Manik remarked, making Nandini's grip on the door tighten as she averted her eyes.

"Ye meri zindagi hai. Aap ko koi haq nahi hai mere decisions ko judge karne ka. Toh agar aap yaha meri insult karne aaye hain, toh please yaha se chale jaaye," Nandini said in a firm tone.

Manik scoffed before smiling sarcastically as he said, "That's where you are wrong, sweetheart. Tum par tumse zyada mera haq hai." Nandini's heart pounded in her chest as he took a step closer, until there was no gap between them. Her eyes involuntarily closed as his hand cupped her cheek, his thumb grazing it while his arm found itself wrapped around her waist before her eyes snapped open as he whispered, "You wanted to pay back every single penny, didn't you? It's time, sweetheart. I will make sure you pay it back."

She stared at him in shock, understanding his unsaid words, while his eyes moved to her lips, his grip on her waist tightening as she tried to step back, prompting her to meekly whisper, "No."

"What? We've done this before. Haven't we, baby?" Manik asked, feigning innocence.

Nandini's voice choked as she whispered, "Please don't do this, Manik. I can't. I can't degrade myself anymore. I–I–Please don't degrade our–"

"Our what, hmm? Whatever it was, was degraded and definitely over when you decided to climb into another man's bed and have his baby," Manik snapped in anger. She whimpered in pain as his grip on her waist tightened, pulling her closer and making her rest her hand on his chest to distance slightly. But, her eyes unable to hold his stare as it filled with pain when he couldn't help himself and asked, "Was he worth it?"

When she refused to speak, Manik lost his cool and snapped again angrily, "Was he?!"

"If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my son today," Nandini replied. Her grip on his shirt tightened as he tried to pull away, and she snapped in anger, "Why are you pulling away now, hmm? Disgusted, haan? Ghin aati hain lekin vaapis aana hai. Kyu? Jabki mera aur aapka rishta humesha sirf paise ka tha. Aapki ek biwi aur meri umar ki ladki hain toh aap hote hi nahi mere kirdar par ungli uthane vale. Aur vese bhi, jab aapko puri sachai nahi pata toh aap hote kaun hai mujhe judge karne wale?!"

Manik froze as he felt his heart wrench in pain, stuck on her single sentence thrown away aimlessly by Nandini in rage. So, suddenly, her body drained out of anger, her heart suddenly struck with fear and pain the moment he smirked at her coldly, even the slight emotions in his eyes towards her vanishing as he whispered, "Paise ka rishta tha, hmm? Sahi keh rahi ho bilkul. Kal se meri ek ek kaudi vaapis lunga. Rules, you know them. If you don't remember just do this one.  Wherever, whenever and however I want it, be ready."

Please vote, comment and share!❤️