Chapter 1

Soviet Codmadrome, Russia.
November 1963

After a tiring life or death battle at the Der Riese facility and an accidental stop at an abandoned theater used by group 935 to try control the undead, the Ultimis crew had finally made it to the Russian Codmadrome, Aka. Ascension. It was a calm but frigid night and the bitter touch of the crisp night air could be felt by everyone within the Codmadrome. At this time the undead seemed to have halted their vicious attack upon the crew, it being unknown if they had simply not found the crews location yet or if Samantha was feeling merciful that evening and was allowing the crew to rest. Anyhow, they collectively agreed that it would be best if they took it in turns to be on night watch.

It was the early hours of the morning when Tank Dempsey came off his watch, having to spend it with the last person he wished to see, the insane Dr Richtofen. He couldn't remember how the two met, knowing that they must've met previously as the German was the one who awoke him from his cryogenic slumber. He didn't know why, but upon meeting the doctor after being awoken he felt a great sense of loathing and hatred towards him, as if alarm bells were ringing in his head telling the Marine that this man was dangerous and not to be trusted, however what choice did he have but to follow him? He couldn't remember much of his own past so he followed the maniac in hopes to find the truth behind this madness.

It was on this crisp morning where Dempsey crept down to where the soft red hue of the Juggernog machine glowed, almost inviting him to come and sit next to it. He closed his weary eyes as the angelic voice of the woman, who he had named 'Jugger-girl', began to sing the familiar jingle, his gruff and tired voice singing along with it.

"When you need some help to get by, something to make you feel strong. Reach for Juggernog tonight, sugar seduction delight. When you need to feel big and strong, reach for Juggernog nog ton-"

The American halted his tired singing as a strong blue night glowed from the floor below. He questioned what it was at first before his interest took hold and lead him down stairs, only to be met with a strange sight. The blue light was a gateway into what he could only perceive as another dimension, however the strange part was the man standing infront of him. He was a well kept man, dressed in a shirt and a waistcoat. His slick black hair was brushed to the side and his facial features were angular and sharp, all these qualities tied neatly together with a mustache and pale blue eyes. Dempsey eyed the man up and down, trying to figure out who this man is. He seemed so familiar yet the marine couldn't put his finger on it.

"Ze baffled look doesn't suit jou mein dear marine." The man spoke in a thick German accent.

"Dear? You know me?" He asked in a puzzled tone.

"Vell, not in zhis timeline." He responded.

"Timeline?" He was even more confused now. "Is this another one of the little girls tricks?"

"Nein. Mein name is Edvard Richtofen, however I am not from jour timeline. Jou see, I am here seeking jour help." The German, who claimed to be Richtofen, spoke.

"Richtofen? Yeah right, the guys a freak, why would you wanna impersonate him?" The American asked with a chuckle.

The man just chuckled with him.
"Oh, I am Dr Edvard Richtofen, however I am from ein different time, 1918 to be exact."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Vell I don't have time to." He paused for a moment, trying to think of a way to say what he wanted to say next.

"Jou see... All of zhis, ze undead, Samantha, mein otherself, it's all one big time loop.. a cycle per say." He finally said.

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy, a cycle? Have you gone mad?"

"A guy appears out of ein portal to another dimension und jou've been fighting ze undead for ein vhile now yet being told zhat all zhis is ein time loop is ze only thing mad about all zhis?"

"I suppose you have a point.."

"I need jour help Dempsheh, jou see ze doctor is planning something, something evil. I must to stop him from succeeding however I cannot interfere vith zhis timeline directly unless I vant to make zhis loop even vorse. However, jou can-" the man was cut off by the portal beginning to fade.

"Scheisse... Out of time." He looked at the Marine. "I vill visit again und explain zhis madness very soon, but in ze meantime, bevare ze doctor, he is evil incarnate."

The man turned and walked through the portal before the American could get in another word, leaving him there even more perplexed than ever.
"W-wait erm, 'Richtofen?' come on come back, I have more questions!" The American called out, but was met with the groggy voice of an older German.
"It vould be nice to get some sleep vithout ein DUMMKOPF screaming mein name und vaking me up Dempsheh!"

"Alright alright, don't get your panties in a fucking twist..." Tank called back. "Fucking kraut..." He mumbled to himself as he returned to the Juggernog machine. He decided to call it a night and go to sleep, however the strange encounter he had kept gnawing at his mind, keeping the possibility sleep just out of reach. Was what he was told true? What was Richtofen planning? He had so many questions in his mind left unanswered. However, if he knew anything, he knew it was wise to beware the doctor.