Chapter 3

The doctor had excused himself from the campfire and had walked to where the power switch was, just opposite the box, breathing heavily he propped himself up against it.

"Breathe Edvard... Breathe... It vill all be okay..."

He tried to ignore his thoughts that clawed at his mind. He was already cautious about his crew mates figuring his true intentions now, however he feared that the American knew that his goal was to seize ultimate power for himself. If he knew their next location then what else did he know? This question picked at the mad mans brain.

The more he tried to calm himself, the more the voices of the aether began to talk.

"Beware the Marine."

"He knows the truth, he is after you."

"He'll take your power away Edward, unless you take care of him first."

They kept speaking to him, growing louder and louder until the doctors mind was suffocated with the commands of unknown entities attempting to sway his decisions once more. The doctor picked up the nearest object and began smashing it off the floor out of anger.

"Shut. Ze. Fuck. UP!!" He screamed out, desperately trying to get the voices to stop echoing and screaming inside his mind, clouding his brain from what little rationality he had left. He sat desperately trying to get them to stop for what seemed like hours before they finally did.

Once the voices stopped, he finally breathed. "Ze American seems to know too much... I cannot allow ze risk... I must eliminate him at all costs..." He mumbled. "However... I cannot kill him directly because zhat vould tip off ze other two... Prehaps ze undead could do it for me...? Ja. Ja zhat could vork, make it seem like an accident."

He had made up his mind, Dempsey was to be taken care of by any means. The doctor was to see it be done by any means necessary.