Chapter 2

A few days after the encounter.

The following days after the encounter, Dempsey had been having visions that he could only describe as watching multiple event play out through the eyes of someone else. He watched as time and time again the person and his crew would try to free someone named Dr Gersh. Sometimes they'd fail because let's say Takeo pressed a button at the wrong time, Nikolai would get unlucky with his box spins or Richtofen would end up downing. Those were his flashbacks on the first day.

The second day he also began seeing the person end up being locked in a dark room with Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen as the doctor explained that they were in a Siberian 935 facility. He could hear Takeo's puking, Nikolai's singing and Richtofens sexual remarks toward his fellow crew mates. Just hearing the Germans voice made him sick to his stomach, loathing the man with every inch of his being.

The final day he began seeing the person in a Jungle, and then on the moon, however these flashbacks were incoherent and erratic. He was not sure what was happening or why the person was there, it was like a couple of fractured memories were all bundles together with tape and bits of string.

During this time the crew had been trying to figure out how exactly to free Dr Gersh, the man calling out to them.

"Please help me... She is coming! The mechanism must be repaired." The voice spoke. It was hearing this voice when Dempsey began to realise his visions actually meant something.

"That's Dr Gersh.." he mumbled, standing next to his drunk friend.

"Dr who? hic Dempsey, have you been taking Nikolai's vodka again?" The Russian, Nikolai, asked drunkenly.

"No I haven't.."

"Dempsheh is right for vonce." The German hissed in a tone of annoyance. "Vhich is surprisingly for somevone of jour intellect Dempsheh. But ja, zhat is Dr Gersh. He appears to be trapped although I am not sure how or vhy..."

A man with a thick Japanese accent spoke "We should free him."

"I'm in agreement with Tak here." Dempsey said.

"Nikolai only agree if trapped man have Vodka!"

"No... We should free him. It think doing so will take us to our next destination."

The doctor looked at Dempsey with a confused look. "Und vhat makes jou say zhat?"

The American responded. "I dunno.. something just gives me a feeling."

"Hai, I agree with Dempsey in this matter."

"I want vodka."

"I'll get you your damn Vodka Nikolai, just don't get all pissy."

The crew began the steps to freeing Gersh, however Richtofen kept a close eye on Dempsey. He found it strange how before he could even explain anything, the American was already doing it without being told what it was he was doing. He knew where the generator was and he knew the location of all four nodes. All that was left to do was to power the Casimir mechanism, however they all decided to leave that until the next day due to Nikolai being so drunk he couldn't think straight.

They were all sat around the camp fire when Takeo asked.

"Doctor, where will we be going next?"

"Vell Takeo, ve vil-"

"The 935 Tunguska Facility." Dempsey butted in, speaking from his visions.

"How did jou-" Richtofens face had turned white, how on earth would Dempsey know that? If he knew that, what else did he know.

The doctor excused himself momentarily, leaving in a hurry.

"What was that about?"

The Japanese man shrugged.

"Maybe he just needed bathroom ey?" Nikolai jokingly added.

"Haha! Yeah probably! Heard he ate bad rations yesterday too."

The three men sat around the campfire and before long, they were fast asleep.