The Fool

My career was on a great path as I was the number one contender for the AEW Women's Championship, but my life outside of the wrestling world was at a low. 

I was talking to a guy my heart was throbbing for. Thing were getting serious for us, but that's what I thought. It was very sad and disappointing that I found out that the relationship that we were slowly building was over, through a text message. Apparently, he couldn't handle my harsh schedule due to wrestling.

My sadness went unnoticed throughout the night on Dynamite, but the one person who was always there for me noticed the dark cloud of sadness that was hanging over my head. 

"Y/N, you are number one contender, now! Why do you look so sad?" Kenny yelled to me. 

Kenny and I have been friends since we met in Japan, becoming best friends. I met him at his car, ready to go to our hotel and he just knew that I was upset.

"I've just been having one of those days, Kenny," I sighed, getting into the car.

Kenny got into the driver seat, looking into my eyes deeply, expressing concern as he said, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really," I sighed, letting my head fall.

"Well just think," Kenny smiled, taking my hand, "You are going to have a title opportunity at the next event. You did great tonight and I am proud of you."

"Thanks, Kenny," I smirked, his words cheering me up a bit.

Kenny was always positive, but that dark cloud quickly came back and stayed. The car ride was full of awkward silence and when we got to our hotel room, I just crawled into my bed with my Nintendo switch, playing animal crossing.

Even playing some video games couldn't cheer me up as I let my switch fall out of my hands. I just laid there, but then my attention was given to Kenny.

My back was facing him, but then he came to my bed, laying on it and facing me.

"Y/N, please tell me what's wrong. I hate seeing you like this," Kenny sighed, a sad look in his eyes.

"I don't want to torture your brain with my drama, Kenny," I sighed, looking away from him.

Kenny wasn't having it as he scooted closer to me, my eyes finally meeting his gaze as he said, "I'm all ears."

Kenny even got a small smile out of me as he put his hair behind his ear. I chuckled just a bit and he did too as he said, "Seriously Y/N, tell me what's bothering you. You know you can vent to me. We're best friends. I know you'd do the same for me."

I smiled lightly as I stared into Kenny's eyes deeply, knowing he was right and appreciating it greatly. Finally, I let out a deep sigh and began:

"Well, I thought things were going well with Dante, but he seriously texted me, telling him how he refused to deal with my harsh wrestling schedule so, we're over," I sighed.

Kenny was silent at first, letting me have a moment before he sighed, "Unfortunately, there's people out there who just can't handle or accept the fact that as wrestler, we our schedules can be harsh and we do have to make some sacrifices."

"It's not even his reason for not wanting to be together. I'm just upset that he did over a text message and was so rude about it," I sighed, laying on my back and staring at the ceiling.

The biggest reason why relationships never worked out for me was because of my career and it pained me, a lot. I felt like I was going to be alone my entire life. My career began when I was only 18 years old and I've been lonely, relationship wise, the entire time.

"I should have seen it coming," I sighed, closing my eyes, "Only a fool could love me."

"I'm not sure if you ever noticed the signs, but that's me you're insulting," Kenny murmured under his breath.

His comment made my eyes open quickly, quickly turning to him. I wouldn't let my eyes leave his as they grew deep and dark, Kenny propping himself up with his elbow, his hand stroking my cheek.

"I am the fool that has known you for years, the fool who knows everything about you, knows how rough being a wrestler of your magnitude is," Kenny stated, breathing quickly. 

I was smiling from ear to ear as Kenny spoke from his heart, creating tears of joy in my eyes, adding on to it all as he said sweetly, "You stole my heart years ago way back in Japan. I am the fool who loves you, Y/N."

There were no words to describe all of the things I was feeling. My brain raced through every memory that I had with Kenny, finally noticing the signs. Little flirty jokes that he'd make, all of the sweet things he's done for me, how we grew together and became two of the best wrestlers in the world. 

No words were being spoken at the moment, but the look and emotions that were held in our intense gazes, we knew how we both felt and it felt even better as Kenny's head slowly fell to mine, his arm wrapping around him.

Both of my hands planted on his cheeks, my heart beating faster and harder like I just ran a marathon, my cheeks turning red. Kenny filled me with love the second our lips touched. His lips soft like a cloud, kissing me so passionately and it was like I could feel all of the built-up emotion with the touch of his lips. 

I closed the aching space between us as I wrapped one of my legs around him, our kiss growing deep as our lips continued to clash, but he was still so delicate and tender, making me feel like I was in heaven. I was sure I was close to it, kissing him like it was the last kiss that I'd ever have.

A small gasped filled the tiny space between us as Kenny pulled away slowly, the tip of his nose against mine as he stroked my cheek, whispering, "I love you, Y/N. I always have and I always will."

My skin broke out in goosebumps as I heard those words, a smile breaking out on my face as I opened my eyes, finding Kenny's blue eyes that just showed that he loved me. I felt the same way and I made it known, feeling happier than ever as I smiled, "I love you too."