Battle Cry (SMUT)

"Baby! I'm home!"

That's one line I have loved saying lately. Being on the road without Kenny was the weirdest thing to me. It's been years that we've wrestled and stayed by each others side damn near every single day.

This recovery was necessary for him though, after wrestling through the injuries he had. Yeah, it was a bummer because I knew how much he loved wrestling, but coming home to him after a crazy week of work was a beautiful thing.

"Hey baby," He said softly, which was different.

Any time I came home, his voice was so full of excitement, but not this time. I left my bag by the door, heading into the living room softly asking:

"You alright, Kenny?"

"Yeah," He lied, laid back on the couch, "Just watching BTE."

Looking up to the television, I realized what episode he was watching and why he was watching. On episode 300, they said to Kenny how everyone was doing great without him. It hurt deep down inside.

After dating for years, I could read his emotions like a book and there was heart break in his eyes when he heard those words.

Wrestling was his first love and his life. Not having it was rough on him and I very well could understand and relate.

"Kenny," I sighed, staring deeply into his eyes, "Now, why are you lying to me?"

"You just came home and you should be relaxing rather than being my therapist," He whispered, turning off the television and sitting up, "Go relax, I'll-"

"No," I said quickly and sat next to him, "I know exactly what's wrong and let me tell you something-"

"You don't have to Y/N," He interrupted, "He was right. Everyone's doing so amazing without me. Like, you're headed for the title, Matt and Nick have their thing going on. I'm sure no one will even care when I come back."

"Stop lying to yourself," I said a bit sternly, "You are right about me getting that title and guess what?
Just like every other company we've wrestled together in, I will fight with all my life to hang on to it so we can be the champion power couple in AEW too whenever you're back and ready to go. You really think no one will care when you come back?"

Kenny just stared at me and it was killing me to see how down he was, actually doubting himself for a change. There was no wrestler on the whole planet like Kenny, he just needed to be reminded of it. So, that was my plan.

"Baby, do me a favor," I slowly took both of his hands, "Close your eyes and imagine yourself, behind that curtain and your music hits."

Softly, he closed his eyes and I could tell he was thinking, which made me smile:

"Now, I want you to think of the loudest pop from a crowd that you've ever heard, then double it. Hell, triple it, quadruple it. I know that with every fiber of my being, when you come back, the second that music hits? The roof will blow off that place. Hell, we might even go deaf from how loud it'll be."

Seeing his cute little smile on his face put a smile on mine, making the love from him in my heart expand and take over me. It was nice to see him imagining it and to help get rid of that sadness entirely, I still needed a little more.

"Any time I do a meet and greet, or see fans? They ALWAYS ask, how's Kenny? When's he coming back? Those fans LOVE you, Kenny. You just need to imagine it," I smiled when an idea popped into my mind, "Actually, I'll even show you."

I jumped up off of the couch, rushing to our room.
Kenny was going to follow me, but I managed to get a small laugh when I commanded:

"You keep your tushy on that couch! I'll be right back!"