Chapter 1 | Lovely

November 28, 1961 // 1:00 AM

"She's so lovely."

Y/n can't help but let out a knowing breath of laughter. Techno's hold on her feels warm. The way his head lays in the crook of her neck, his arms around her hips as they sway to Lesley Gore, Misty. His alcohol-tinged breath tickles her skin, glasses nearly fallen off his face not once, twice, but three times if it wasn't for Y/n's reflexes, fast as a falling cat.

"Who's the lucky guy?" She jokes. The rhythm opting for something merrier as the record plays. Techno breathes out through his nose, snickering beneath his breath before swinging his arm over his head to pull Y/n into a spin fully into his arms again. "My wife." He sighs lovingly, drunken off of his adoration, if not the wine.

"Tell me about her." She urges, listening to his quickening heartbeat beneath his skin. She presses a hand to his chest, sneaking a peak up at him through her mess of hair. His eyes still closed, glasses on his head, wiping hairs away from his face, and his lips stained with wine. Y/n can't help but love him so much.

"When I first met her, she was such a wreck, just staring at her gave me headaches. She's messy and clumsy-" Techno goes on, ignoring the list of protests coming from in his arms.

"She has the loudest voice ever."

"Do you even like me?" Y/n huffs.

And despite the complaints, they continue to dance.

"I love all those stupid little things. She has the loveliest h/c hair, even if it's constantly a mess. The way she laughs, the way she finds a way to make friends with even the most impossible people. I love the strange way she dresses, and the way she wears MY clothes."

Giggling, Y/n pulls away as Techno tries to unbutton the crimson button-down she has on, the one specifically tailored for him and him only.

So he sneaks his hands to her neck, pulling her in for a hug as he inhaled her scent, closing his eyes.

"She is so lovely." He sighs.

Y/n can only nuzzle her head against his chest in return, smiling adoringly as she captured the moment internally. "I think her husband's quite a catch as well." She utters, a hushed snicker following above her, pulling her away from him so he can map kisses from her head, to her cheeks, to her nose, till he lets his lips linger on hers.

Y/n lets herself melt into his kiss, his hand sneaking to her waist as the other held the back of her head. She walks back, laughing when she nearly trips over wrapping paper and Techno continues to pepper her with kisses adoringly from her lips to the line of her jaw, to her neck and collarbones as he spins her around so they're swaying once again and her laughter is all he could hear as he leans back into the crook of her neck to lay his head on.

"Get a roooom!" And though they'd like to continue their loving escapade of a slow dance, their time alone was interrupted when the front door slammed open.

Techno groans quietly, hating the way his warmth disappears when a gust of wind passes them just as Wilbur Tommy, Niki, Puffy, and Jack barge in, and Y/n pulls away to have a look.

He glances down at her, the way she invites others so merrily before rushing to shut the door.

Poor thing is trembling as she locks it, the cold getting the better of her.

Techno frowns, but Wilbur wraps an arm around him anyways as he sets down a present and Tommy discards his winter clothing onto the floor so he can sit bright by the fireplace.

"Bit late for Christmas decorating huh Terrance?" Will pats his shoulder, pulling him in for a hug.

"We were just getting started." Responds Techno, his smile strained. He keeps an eye on Y/n, her stare on him as she reassured him their presence won't be long till it was just the two of them again. She's making her way into the kitchen with Niki and Puffy, their arms full of baked goods.