Chapter 2 | Restless

The next day // 7:30 AM

"It's cold out there!" Y/n calls. She shuts the front door closed, rushing back inside from warming the car up, still in her pyjamas; a white silky button-down stolen from Techno's side of the closet. Techno replies with a hum, the bitter taste of coffee on his tongue, he holds the newspaper in one hand, setting it down on the kitchen counter as he lifts his sleeve to check the time on his watch. He smirks to himself, Y/n's hands sneaking to his waist as she plants herself in his arms.

"I don't think the snow is stopping anytime soon." Her voice is muffled into his coat, Techno's fingers brushing through her bedhead as he drinks the last of his coffee, shuffling himself with Y/n's hold still on him, trying his hardest to place his mug into the sink. "Y/n." He sighs, unable to scold her as she grips his coat, keeping him from leaving the house. Once more, he checks the time. A minute has passed, one minute late. "I have to go now, my love," Techno whispers softly, a reassuring hand pulling her away so he can see her face as he places a kiss on her head. Her eyes are big and begging, tones of e/c looking up at him so yearningly. How much courage it takes to leave home every day knowing she was there. But that same prize was waiting for him as he gets home each day; each day he can't wait to return and see the way she greets him and welcomes him home. He loves the feeling, working hard all day just so he can be awarded the warmth of her presence.

Gradually, Y/n backs away, her hands falling behind her back, avoiding contact. Techno's hands are stilled in mid-air, confused and concerned as she sulks. Her back hits the counter, shifting in her spot as she grabs at something behind her.

Then, she turns swiftly, his lunch kit dangling behind her, bouncing as she marches towards the front door. Techno smiles, shaking his head when he follows her, his build tired and unready for the day in front of him.

Unlocking the door for him, Y/n puts on some warm slippers and a coat, grabbing one of Techno's hands as she leads him outside. He nearly forgets his book bag, being rushed out, Y/n seeking out for warmth by his heated car.

Techno can only snicker, his shoes shuffling past the snow as he reaches the car.
he wastes no time getting in, Wilbur passing by with a honk. "You'll be late bud!" He calls, Jack not far behind him, "Have fun at school, Techno mate!" Techno scoffs, the way their voices echoed down the road, getting ready to back up.

Y/n keeps him in his place, a shivering hand pulling his tie as she uses her free hand to place his lunch kit into his lap. She pulls him in for a chaste kiss, his body following but the car moves backwards so he's forced to pull away.

He hesitates as he leaves, Y/n smiling devilishly as she glances past him to see Niki, already rushing for warmth. She remains standing, watching as Techno drives away until the car was nothing but a speck on the road. She sighs, thinking to herself that she requires warmth as well.

There's a long day ahead of her, crossing each chore of the schedule for each time she gets it done, cleaning, cooking that night's dinner, to make herself useful, she'd shovel the driveway as well. The day was long, with little activity. It could only take a little more of her sanity to remain still, feeling restless. Women did not get to work. Not unless there was no man in the house.

That is why Puffy worked in a factory. Being a single mother, she needed to provide for her family, and many looked down on her for having no husband despite her hard work. Y/n truly envied her, the way she doesn't let others take her down so easily. She was a strong woman. Y/n just wishes she can be just as strong as well. Many attempts in her life to provide for her and Techno, all of which failed, and she's lost motivation recently to fight for her rights. Maybe when the weather warms again...

Meanwhile, at his full-time job, Techno is forced to spend his time away from his beloved, making sure Tommy stays out of the office, and that Tubbo is awake in class. He needn't worry about Ranboo, that hard-working boy. All his other students were pretty average compared to the trio. How eccentric and one-of-a-kind they were.