Chapter 3 | Notorious two Becomes Three

Seven years ago // 1954

The wind blows, brushing past long pink hair neatly tied in a low ponytail. Shutting his eyes, Terrance grunts softly beneath his breath as he fixes his glasses, holding his book bag tightly against his hip.

"Chilly innit?"

Sighing, he fixes his hair and turns to face Wilbur, the brunette grinning so wide it nearly hurt to look just looking at him. "I don't understand why it has to go into the negatives during the fall season." Terrance breathes out as he fixes his tie, attempting to hold himself together before getting on the train so he can get an education without looking like he just rolled out of bed. Leaves scattered on the subway floor, a gust of wind blowing past him, this time it was stronger than before.

Though it wasn't the weather's doing, but the train pulling up to their station.

"Shit-" he cusses, papers flying from his bag. "You've got to be kidding..." his head turns from the train to his papers, unable to decide which to go for first as people began boarding and getting off.

Wilbur was rushing to catch up to the discarded notes, failing miserably as he nearly trips over his own feet. "That's not good." He breathes out, pushing his body from the floor to continue chasing their hard work. Terrance merely stared, giving up as he lets his shoulders drop, people pushing past him to get to where they needed.

One of his papers passes by his feet. Not even caring to reach out for it as he accepts the fact that this day may have been a bad day for him. "HEYY!" All of a sudden, a voice unfamiliar calls out from behind Terrance. He turns around, watching as a girl, messily dressed with a white button down, untucked. She wore a long brown leather skirt and a loosened tie around her neck. She was rushing towards Terrance, wild hair and all, hands filled with her coat, her book bag and one of his papers.

She sprints past him, overtaking Wilbur as she chases after their notes.

"Your papers!" She tells, heavily breathing. She's practically wrestling the wind, hands reaching towards the mini tornado of notes flying around her. She catches one, two, and nearly three before she falls. Wilbur catches her though, assisting in her chase.

They're laughing and yelling, acting like children as Terrance watched helplessly from afar.

People began to stare, the train doors shutting and began to make its exit.

"Ah..." Terrance hums, watching the train blow away more of his papers. The mystery girl catches them though, all of his and Wilbur's notes collected in her arms as Will stuffs it into her hold. They walk towards Terrance, face blank with bewilderment. "Maybe I should've stayed home today." He hums to himself.

"Terrance, mate! Do you know this little fireball!!" Wilbur yells enough for the entire station to hear, putting an arm around the female. She snickers, shaking her head as she tries to fix the mess of her hair. "Nope." Terrance sighs, grabbing at the papers the girl hands over to him. She exhaled, exhausted.

"Thank you, Will, and uh...", "Y/n." She smiles, holding her hand out for him to shake. He stills, in the midst of stuffing his papers back in his book bag. There's hesitance, studying her, her cheeks are pink with activity and her eyes are wide with expression. "Thank you, Y/n. But it seems we've all missed our train." He comments, shaking her hand in return with a firm grip.

He doesn't notice how long it goes for, Wilbur eyeing Y/n as she gazes down at where their hands held, cheeks reddening just a tiny bit more. He tears his eyes away when Terrance pulls away, thinking to himself of the new and strange energy that seemed to float around them.

"Shoot. I'm so sorry." Y/n sighs, a hand in her hair as she earnestly stares into Terrance's eyes, unable to look away.

"No no, it was my fault. You wouldn't have missed it if it wasn't for me." He straightens his posture, Wilbur sneaking his way to his side. "It's all good. At least your papers are back where they should be!" A smile paints her face and she can't stop herself from wondering where they were headed off to. They looked so professional. They're how she imagines her professors to look when she gets to her schooling-