Twenty-Two

Tego's P.O.V.

"That's all?" Busshead asks while closing the last suitcase.

I blow out the smoke that was in my mouth while nodding.

"Don't fuck up now, enuh." I glare at him while speaking.

Dah bredda ya always a fuck up tings.

He noticeably gulps while nodding.

I like when people know not to fuck with me- especially when it's noticeable.

I finish my spliff before flicking the tail on the ground and then go to my car before driving to go do another similar shipment.

I had to leave Chino at my apartment to finish up the other stuff while I go on the road and deal with this outside stuff.

I eventually get to go to my lonely fucking apartment.

Not even Chino mi can come back and rass see.

Yes cause Chino has someone that loves and cares about him.

Sometimes it's honestly better for me to work away instead of coming back to this. It's cold even when I have the AC off and no amount of blankets could allow me to feel the warmth I so desperately need.

I was even thinking about getting a dog or cat- hell even a fish so I would have someone to come home to even if that someone is a thing that only feels obligated to be loyal to me because I'm taking care of it.

It's a really expensive and luxurious space so you think I would be really comfortable in it which is the case because of convenience and such but otherwise it's antagonizing being here.

It was really comfortable the other day when I had someone over.

When I had Jade over.

Fucking Jade.

Bombooclaat Jade.

All Jade does is fuck with my head and my heart. She's always pressing me and pushing me and infiltrating me and constantly consuming my mind that is already filled to capacity.

But I just can't seem to get enough of her.

I can't do anything about it though because I told her to make a decision and she obviously did and mi nah run dung no body daughter.

It's been three days now and I still haven't heard from her. It would've been a perfect time for us to spend some of her last free time before she has to go back to school together.

I could admire her in person and cook for her and fuck her...

But no.

Of course "no".

I take a long, steamy shower before going to lie down in my cold bed by myself. Not even the heat from my long, boiling shower is enough to make me feel a bit warmer.

I take up my phone and check our chat.

Three days...

It's been three fucking days so I guess she really has her mind made up.

The sound of my phone ringing startles me a bit so I answer the call without checking the ID in hopes that it's the voice I need to bless my ears now.

"Hi." The voice doesn't even sound familiar but that might be because I only wanted to hear from one person so I finally check the ID.

Oh..

"Wah yuh deh pan?" I ask, immediately uninterested in the conversation.

She giggles. "I miss you."

I roll my eyes. Her behaviour is beyond weird for someone her age. I almost didn't believe her when she said she's 42 and married with kids.

Well at the time she was 28, living with her baby father and one child. She was full of hope and I think that's why I was so drawn to her. Of course her figure helped a lot and she made me feel things that I never knew of at the time.

Eventually her hope died down and she ended up being a baby mother to a deadbeat that always embarrassed her throughout the tenement yard by even fucking around young girls that love in the same yard.

She's elevated and made somewhat of a better life for her in terms of mentally and emotionally but lucky for her she's financially comfortable and I also make sure of that but she would've still been good without me.

"Yeah?" I tease her.

"Yeah..." Her voice trails off. "Are you busy?"

"I can't..." It's my turn to trail off.

She kisses her teeth sharply. "You can't?"

I sigh in response. "No-"

"All of a sudden, Tego!" She begins to get louder. "All of a fucking sudden! Who yuh deh fuck?"

That's why mi and her cyaa gree fi long enuh..

I kiss my teeth but she just laughs. "Tego, who yuh deh fuck?"

I hear acrylics tap the mic loudly. "Yuh know seh mi a mad rass gyal!" She breathes into the phone. "And yuh know seh mi can find a gyal if mi want or need."

"Easy yuh bomboclaat self, Claudia." I even surprise myself at my tone.

She's very special to me and she always will be but she's beyond crazy and in this moment I can only be angry towards her.

My anger at her behaviour speaks for me. "Don't worry about who I'm fucking even if I'm still fucking Miss Sterling too." She gasps.

"Worry about the fact that she's someone who can put herself together so maybe she can be my wife but you're entire appearance is cheap."

I hang up the phone and release a deep breath.

Every weh mi look a fucking problem.

My phone starts ringing as if on cue.

To rass..

I check the caller ID this time.

Fuck Chino want?

"Tego." He greets as soon as I answer the phone.

"Why pree, Chino?" I greet him.

"Yuh know seh mi and some a e dawg dem have a move wi wah guh pon tomorrow."

I nod. Maybe.

"Wah kind?"

I can tell he has on his smile that he does when he feels like he's making progress. "Yacht party bro."

Classy.

"Ya." I simply say.

"Ah, nuh seh a word more mi fada. Tomorrow." He hangs up quickly because he knows me well enough to know that I'll change my mind.

Fortunately for him the only thing that's been trying to take over my mind recently is a little girl.

The little girl who can't seem to steer clear of my mind no matter how hard I try.

I check my phone again and she still hasn't texted me but why would she? I did send her away.

I sigh before deleting the contact from my phone and continue to smoke until I get so high that I eventually fall asleep but I don't even realize until I wake up because of a notification.

Soon link yuh bout e party.

Chino.

I sigh before finally getting up to start to get ready.