Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Chapter 22 - A Taste of Sugar

"I think you delight in impressing me," Bastian rumbled. His hands darted out, wrapping around my waist, pulling our bodies flush together. In the middle of the pool, he was tall enough to touch, but I was not. I practically groaned, shivers racing over my skin, at the intense contact of him. The contrast of his body heat in the cold water was bliss. My nipples tightened to painful points against him.

"Is it working? Me impressing you, that is?" I grinned, arching my neck to look at him. I was trying to keep the mood light, despite the fact that sparks crackled between us.

"I've been impressed since the moment you stared me down in the coffee shop."

"Oh? Not used to women gawking at you?"

He huffed. "Plenty used to that, Sugar."

I made a choking sound, gave a half hearted attempt to push him away. His hands tightened around me, and he backed up until I could just reach the bottom if I pointed my toes. His knee parted my legs, leg pressing flush to the apex of my thighs. I whimpered.

Bastian's mouth found mine, swallowing the sound. I tried to touch him everywhere, desperate for the feel of him, to explore. I wrapped my fingers in his wet hair, searched for purchase on his broad shoulders, twisted my legs around his waist, and clung to him, eager to press as close as possible. His cock nudged between my folds and we both groaned, breaking away, panting.

Had I thought this was a good idea?

"I want to see you without glamor," I blurted, barely able to breathe. Bastian's hands on my hips pushed them far enough away that his length was no longer pressed so perilously close to me.

"Not sure I want to do that," he said, his voice a warning growl.

"Why not?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Not to me, no." I frowned.

He huffed. "Sugar, the last thing I want is to frighten you."

"I've already seen your goblin form...sort of."

He exhaled. "It's not just the visible aspects. When I submit to my form, that side of me comes out to play."

"I want to play," I quipped, then felt my cheeks flame red. Fuck. I want to play?! Really? Had I just said that aloud?

His rumbling laugh resonated low in my belly. "That so? Well, don't say I didn't warn you."

His glamor fell away, like pulling a sheet off old furniture after sitting in wait. His ears sharpened to points, revealing twice as many piercings. His features turned more angular, sharp. A piercing appeared on his lower lip, near the corner of his mouth. His eyes turned entirely black, no white, no green iris, and were wider. His hair, though wet, showed shiny strands of deep green. His skin turned a color of brushed aluminum, stealing my breath at the sight of it. And where he held me, I felt the sharpening points of his nails. I didn't glance down, didn't dare pull my gaze from his.

"You're beautiful," I breathed.

He made a sound in the back of his throat, more growl than anything. "I was hoping for dashing, or hot, or sexy..." His voice was lower in this form, more gravely. It sent chills across my skin, made my muscles quiver in anticipation. "But, beautiful works too." I laughed, the sound bursting from my chest before I could help it. Bastian growled, his hands tightening on me, pulling me tightly against him. The tips of his nails bit into my skin, but not enough to hurt. "I like that sound," he purred, mouth moving against my ear. My laugh died, breath catching in my chest. "I must warn you now, Eleanor. Goblins are fiercely possessive creatures. We greedily hoard treasure without shame. We are not to be denied. We allow nothing to come between us and that which is ours. I allow nothing to come between me and that which is mine."