Chapter 5: Emmit

I had the upper hand but I let her little thunder and light show distract me. Now I had to deal with the fact that I was now the one captured. My Vamp King was right to warn me. I knew she had abilities, but not like that. It's going to be a challenge to bring her to my homeland. She isn't afraid of the fact that I had her in my grasp. She was more worried about how I knew who her mother was. But alas here I was twisted and wrapped in vines that grew out of nowhere. I could easily use my super strength to break out of them, but I am not quite ready to leave. I cannot fathom why I want to stay trapped in vines; as a dominant species, I should want to tear her throat out for trying and gaining the upper hand. "What are you going to do with me now that I'm in your grasp Celeste," I ask, putting my smirk back on my face to shield the confusion swirling through me. She scrunches her nose like a bunny. With her hair all frizzy and wild, she looks more like a fuzzy bunny. Why am I describing her to a so-called cute furry animal?! I need to diffuse this situation. Right as I'm about to release myself easily, she speaks. "I want to know how you know my mom and what else you know about me and I might consider letting you live." The Vamp King had also warned me about her feistiness. He wasn't wrong about that either. Man, I really should start listening to him. I respond with a simple, "No." and begin to free myself from the vines in a single swoop up of my arms. I land on my feet easily and say, "I am now hungry and shall find food, but I will see you soon Celeste Airheart. Until then, farewell!" I could hear her growl and the stomping of her foot and chuckle loud enough for her to hear.