chapter six

The rest of the week moved slower than I would've liked but Friday is finally here. It's currently 9pm and Malia and I are laying on my bedroom floor trying to figure out what we're gonna be bringing to LA. I don't think I wanna pack too much because I know Malia is gonna wanna shop at every single store she can find. This is gonna be our first time going to California and our first time going to a BTS concert and Malia can't stop talking about going to all the clothing stores that we don't have on Guam. We spent 3 days just looking on Tiktok for good places to eat and shop.

Deciding on just bringing a hoodie, leggings, some of my comfy shirts, my favorite pair of ripped jeans and some bras and panties. I throw in my favorite pair of black vans and some socks as well as my chunky black heels in case we decide to go somewhere fancy.

I look up to see Malia sleeping on the edge of my bed. She stayed up the night before to pack and she had an early shift this morning. Getting up to grab my phone on my desk, I got a glimpse of the time when it lit up. 11pm. Our flight is for tomorrow at 6am so we need to get there by 5 to avoid that long TSA line. I'm happy we decided to check in earlier tonight so we can skip that whole process and go straight to security. So I think I'll just let her sleep for a little while longer before we have to start getting ready to go.

Pulling out my stool from under my bed, I walk over to my closet to grab my pink suitcase that's pushed to the back of my top shelf in my closet. After wrestling with the suitcase, I'm finally able to pull it out without falling off the stool so I can start packing my stuff in there.

I pack my ARMY bomb, headphones, wallet, laptop and all my chargers. I put my camera into it's own bag and tucked it safely into a corner spot of the suitcase and close it. I walked over to my desk and set out my passport so that I would easily be able to see it when I woke up. I grab my Airtag out of the little drawer in my desk and I walk over to hook it on my suitcase.

After setting my suitcase in front of my closet, a sense of accomplishment and relief washed over me. I hate packing for anything. When I was younger, my parents used to take me and my siblings on staycations. We would have to pack a little suitcase to bring to the hotel and I remember hating it so much. I could never decide what to bring and how much was enough. I stretched my arms above my head as a big yawn came out of my mouth telling me that I should probably join Malia on my bed for a little nap. I walked over to my closet to grab a blanket to throw over Malia since there is no way she's moving from the corner of my bed that she's curled up in. I set an alarm for 3am and laid on my bed snuggling into all my pillows. I immediately felt my eyes getting heavy as I let sleep consume me.

~~~~~~~

The sound of my phone ringings knocks me out of the peaceful sleep that I was having. Turning over to answer my phone to get the thing to shut up, I sit up in my bed and stretch my legs a little and rub the sleep from my eyes.

"What!" I say, the attitude towards whoever disturbed my sleep seething out of my mouth.

"Don't be rude, I'm calling because I know your ass snoozed your alarm multiple times. It's already 4. I'm heading over to pick you guys up now" Alex says through my phone. I can hear the hint of amusement in his tone, knowing very well he's right.

"Ah okay we're getting ready, see you soon" I quickly say bye and hang up the phone.

In my half asleep state, I forgot Malia was also in my bed and I stretched my legs a little too far causing her to get kicked closer towards the edge of the bed. The near fall making her jolt awake.

She regains her balance and moves further into the bed, her head instantly snapping in my direction.

"You bitch, you could've just shook me awake. You didn't have to kick me!" She glares at me through sleepy eyes.