chapter twenty

6 months later

"Jiminie, you know how he is." I sigh into the phone. Daily talks with Jimin have been apart of my every day routine for the past 4 and a half months now. He's easily become one of my best friends. Texting back and forth happened often when I first came home. Small things, just asking about my day. Me complaining about school work or work. Him telling me about his work and how practice went. Or just filling me in on things he did during the day. It wasn't until one night when he called me at 3am absolutely drunk. I answered the FaceTime call thinking something had happened, only to be greeted by a very red faced Jimin, slurring his words telling me how mean it was that Hobi didn't stay to eat with him after he dropped him off. Since then, he's called every day. Most of the time at night because of his schedules and my classes, but unless one of us was extremely tired there hasn't been a day where we didn't speak.

"So? The biggest betrayal ever and from someone who I thought was my brother," Jimin's face contorts, a scoff leaving his lips.

"Jimin, he — what." I say in complete disbelief. "You know what, that's your fault for inviting him to your house." I shake my head, adjusting myself to lay my back on the bed.

"And I will never do it again. I let him into my home and he does this??? That little ungrateful rat." He places his phone down on the kitchen counter, propping it up on something while he grabs a drink from his fridge.

"Okay first of all, that's not nice." I chuckle. "Second of all, I wouldn't speak so loud because he might -"

"You're a rat." Jungkook bursts into my room. Knee digging on my bed as he leans forward, immediately shoving his face between mine and the phone.

Jimin snatches his phone off his counter, placing it so close to his face that I can see the way his nostrils flare in annoyance. "Get your ugly face out of my sight."

Jungkook dips down to place a light kiss on my hair, taking my phone into his hands. "If you ask me, this face is pretty handsome. Or better yet, ask Taylor."

"I am not doing this with you two." I chuckle rolling off the bed.

I slip out of the room just as Jungkook lays on the bed, legs dangling over the edge with the phone held high up in the air. I see the smirk flash on his mouth before I leave, meaning that all he really wants to do is annoy his hyung right now.

"Trouble in paradise?" Malia says when I enter the kitchen. She's sitting on the kitchen counter, a big bag of popcorn right beside her. Some poured onto a plate close to her. Assuming it's Jungkook's, I snatch a couple pieces from his plate and pop them in my mouth.

"Not my paradise." I say amusingly.

"Do you think he'll apologize?"

"No, absolutely not." I giggle. "Not on his own at least. He likes annoying Jimin."

Leaving the door open was both a mistake and the smartest thing I could've done. Because we can hear just about everything being said, most especially the way Jimin starts yelling curse words at Jungkook.

"Maybe you should go in there before Jimin throws his phone across his house." Malia chuckles.

I groan, throwing a few more pieces of popcorn in my mouth before walking back into my room. Jungkook is now completely flipped 180 degrees, with his head hanging slightly off the bed instead of his feet. When he hears me coming in, he drops his head lower giving me a view of his bright upside down smile. A smile reserved specifically for when he knows he's being a brat. Jimin still telling him off through the phone only makes him smile wider.