4

I put Danny to bed for a few hours as he was obviously tired.

After that, I grabbed our stuff from the garden where the taxi driver left it for us, and started to unpack everything. The first thing I set up was the solar panels. It took me an hour but eventually, I managed to do it. Having set those up I began to unpack everything else. I decided to work from tip to bottom so first I unpacked me send Danny's things like clothes, sheets, toys, trinkets, and anything else I felt needed to be kept upstairs.

Once I had finished unpacking upstairs I moved downstairs and finished unpacking, putting the groceries in the cupboards and fridge as well as the towels on the rack, the board next to the sink, and the cooking and eating equipment.

In the humble abode, the week passed quickly, and soon the apocalypse had begun. Although it didn't affect me and Danny's lives, like at all...

As we were happily minding our business living as we always had since we moved here I stumbled upon my jade pendant. I realized even the original didn't know what it was as it was just something her grandmother had given her and told her to take care of so she did. I know this is the world of a book so a crazy idea popped into my head, what if it's a gold finger? So I allowed my impulses to take control and made a small cut on my finger before smearing my blood on the jade and to my surprise, it actually worked!

The white jade faded into my memories as it melted into water and was absorbed into my palm. I noticed a faint shape of a pattern I recognized from the jade that appeared on my wrist.

After that, I didn't notice anything different, so I soon forgot about it as I went about the life that I'd grown so fond of. What I didn't expect was that I would figure out what it did a few months later, in May. The reason I found out was that I had gone out to the city to find a good present for my bun as I had forgotten to consider birthday presents for the bun. That's when I was surrounded by zombies only to realize that the jade that I had absorbed all that time ago had given me superpowers that made me basically invisible. Therefore I decided to take my bun to the park later as his present.

Danny was so happy when I took him to the park for the first time and he had so much fun. He had even more fun watching me send zombies flying.

So from then on, I would take the bun to the park every 1 or 2 weeks. In the June of the second year of the apocalypse when Danny was 7 I stumbled upon the first other human since the apocalypse began.

It just happened to be the buns dad but he didn't recognize us. He saw me yeeting a zombie out of the vicinity whilst Danny played happily on the slide. That's why he started to try flirting with me, like an apocalyptic gold digger, but when I reminded him of our relationship from when I was 20, 7 years ago, he ran away real fast especially when he considered how I was with my 7-year-old son which he quickly figured out he was the father of, although he's more of a sperm donor.

Even Danny hated him, he hated him more when he found out he was his dad.

Daniel's pov

My mother is beautiful and kind. She is what I imagine gods favorite child looks like. However, my mother isn't gods favorite that I can assure you. She has hair like hot chocolate on a cold day, eyes as deep and mesmerizing as the mysterious depths of the sea, and skin that's been constantly tanned by the envious sun that she forced herself to work tirelessly under for me since I was a child. Her favorite accessory that she pairs with every outfit and the reason the sun is so jealous is a smile. Her features are delicate but the signs of age and struggles now passed are subtly engraved into her gorgeous face and her eyes are filled with love and doting whenever they land on me.

This woman, my mother, deserves the world, the sun, the moon, and the stars and I'm determined to give it to her whatever it takes because the man who helped make me hasn't.

Sadly I'm still too young to protect mom so I need to wait till I'm older before I can start preparing to procure the sun, moon, stars, and earth for her. However, due to the extensive education, my mom made sure I had access to I'm probably the smartest person of my generation. Although I doubt many people from my generation are even still alive due to the zombie outbreak that apparently happened 2 years ago.

I wouldn't really know since my mom is awesome and we had left the busy city to live in our beautiful and secluded home before the outbreak so I didn't even know about it until my 6th birthday when mom took me to the park and I saw her beating up zombies like they were nothing and sending them flying.

I only realized how strong that made her when I saw my supposed father a few weeks ago and he couldn't even fight a zombie with a gun to help him whilst moms had always been fist-fighting them so I could play outside.

That just reaffirms my thoughts that my mom is the best mom and most outstanding woman ever.

Nobody could convince me otherwise, no matter how hard they tried because I love mom and she loves me which is better than anyone else I've ever met has done.

-----------

Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter!