A Queen's Adoration, & A Princess's Birth

It was night in the Icewing Kingdom, however, unlike most other days, when very few dragons would be awake at this time, today, the entire Royal Family was awake, along with various upper circle Icewings, as today was a day of utmost importance for the tribe as a whole. The reason being, the second Royal egg of the next Generation was currently hatching, and the whole Palace was abuzz with fervor, waiting to find out if it was a princess or a prince. Soon enough they got their collective answer, as a small dragonet soon forced her way out of the egg, nigh busting it open.

The aide present went to check on the little dragon, make sure they were well after hatching, and check the gender etc., before the aide, a male, showed a rare, at least rare in the presence of so many various nobles, smile, before turning to the royal family and announcing the newly hatched dragonets gender.

"The little one is female, and based on her physical condition, has been blessed by the Great Ice Dragon with nigh physical perfection." He said, with plenty of reverence in his voice, as in his old age, this was his first time holding a dragonet that weighed so heavy at birth. Who hatched from such a large egg, larger than most any other in documented history, and who seemed to have more natural musculature than any other dragonet this generation or past if her show of essentially destroying her egg in one go had anything to say about it.

Glacier smiled and took the child from the aide after he brought her over, internally and externally joyous as a new family member, and began to tickle her lightly, this being one of the few times she'd probably ever get to seem relaxed in front of nobles, playing with a just hatched dragonet, especially since she was her own aunt.

Narwhal and Tundra on the other hand being externally neutral and internally being very excited at the premise of their firstborn being judged so highly right after hatching, which meant she had a bright future ahead of her, at least in their eyes. As for the rest of the nobles and such, they were also pleased, but mainly just with the fact a new possible candidate for marriage existed for the children they would undoubtedly have, and less so for her natural talent and such.

As for Glaciers husband, he was long dead, and at this point in time most every noble and royal knew she was dating her ally in the Sandwing war, Blaze, they didn't particularly care though, mainly since Glacier had sworn to never marry her while she sat on the throne to them. She swore that if she ever did, her right as Queen and position as Queen were to be nullified and the heir challenges were to take place between the available heirs if they wanted to participate.

But back to the present, or, a couple hours into the present, the little dragoness was riding on her aunt's back, playing with her spikes while giggling while her parents walked to the side of the Queen, both preferring to let the Queen have fun with little Borealis, the name chosen for the newly hatched dragonet.

Soon enough, they had reached the room prepared for the hatchling and Glacier set her down in her crib before playing with her a little. Soon enough, the little one grew tired before falling asleep, at which Glacier gave her a last tickle before turning to her parents.

"The little one is next in line for the throne, I haven't told anyone this yet, and you two shall be the first, but Crystal has sworn to me she shall never challenge me nor the chosen princess/crown princess for the throne, said she didn't want to be Queen, that it sounded like too much stress. Hence, I shall be handling her education on more formal matters personally when I have the time, when I don't, it shall be done by my most trusted aides and advisors instead."

At this news, both Narwhal and Tundra couldn't hold back their grins, filled with both anticipation for the future and glee at the knowledge that their child was the heir. Narwhal was the first to speak, "Wonderful news sister, while I am surprised at the news of your daughter declining the throne, I do have to say she is also doing us all a favor though, considering we all know not many of the nobles like her slight aloofness and general laziness, even if she is only a year old. I do fear it'll only get worse at time progresses, not due to anything of her own mind, but mainly due to the fact she'll need to fight in the war, as mine and Tundra's daughter will have to as well, however, we all heard what the aide said, and I have a good feeling little Borealis will thrive no matter what the situation."