Planning & Logistics

(The Next Morning)

Borealis awoke with a yawn, stretching, the princess having slept in her armor, mainly due to still rampant paranoia of assassins and the like. Sure, she may be the most promising of this generation of royal princess's to ascend the throne, and the most skilled physically if the rankings have anything to say about it, but that didn't mean shit against a knife in the middle of the night cutting her throat, or poison, her aunt Glacier had made sure to beat that knowledge into her, figuratively of course. She got up and took a gulp of the water from her canteen, before shaking her head to wake herself up more some more.

She soon exited her tent and made her ways through the hidden away camp to the war tent, entering inside, setting up the map, and putting back all the pieces on the map of the area to point out camps and such of enemy positions. Her and the squad captains had put them away last night in case the camp was still spotted and dragonflame cactus bombed, that way they wouldn't need to rush to pack them up in the chaos of getting bombed.

Soon enough the squad captains made there way over and into the tent, taking there places around the table as they began to think of various battle plans.

"We have around 120 or so Icewings remaining after our last commander's blundering, 2/3rd's of our original numbers. Commander, I think a good way to make use of them would be guerrilla attacks aimed at the enemy stockpiles. If we cripple there supplies, we'd hopefully face less scouts armed with dragonflame cactus, and they'd face a drop in moral along with less replacements for weapons."

One of the older squad captains said that, to which a few other nodded, Borealis also nodded, before looking back to the map.

"Agreed, it's the most reasonable tactic at the moment with our much lower numbers, I think we should also go for fear. Assassinations while they hunt and scavenge for food due to us destroying there foodstuffs and rations, or at least most of them. If we have any Icewings more inclined to sadistic tendencies with us, have them butcher the bodies and put them in the path of Skywing scouts, make sure they find the bodies. It isn't a way I'd prefer to fight this but with how much they outnumber us, causing desertion and fear among their ranks is important. But the ones who end up butchered should be very, very dead first, I don't want needless suffering."

The wing captains grimaced at her words, but due to what they had gone through with the bombing and tiredness and comrades they had lost so far, they were willing to go with it if it meant they got to get back at the Skywings they were against.

"Well then commander, onto the next issue, supplies. Our previous commander wasn't skilled in logistics either so we've had to make due with what we could hunt for a while now. Can we trust you to get in contact with a supply point so they can start sending us food, replacement weapons, new medical supplies, etc.?"

Borealis raised an eye-ridge at that before looking back to the map, marking an Icewing supply depot Northwest to where they were, and then looking up to the captain who asked her that. "I'll get to it, but any reason you or any of the other commanders haven't done so yet?"

He sighed, the nodded and began to speak. "A higher circle Icewing is in charge there. Hence, he listened to our previous commanders words of, 'We can make do on our own', or however she put it, instead of our words due to us being both lower circle and lower rank."

At that she scowled slightly before taking a deep breath and letting it out to calm herself down slightly. "Of course, I should've guessed that considering how haughty most higher circle Icewings are. But anyways, any other issues we need to discuss today?"

The captains all looked at each other, shook their heads, then looked back to her and shook their heads again. She then nodded before motioning with a wing they were dismissed, at which they exited the tent and went back to their various squads.

Borealis looked back to the map, then began to pack it and the pieces on it back up before putting them in their respective containers. She then left the war tent, told someone to tell the captains that she was heading to a supply depot to set up a supply depot. She then began to make her way through the forest on foot, taking an hour or so to do so so any enemy scouts didn't spot her before she exited the main area they operated in, then she took to the sky and began to fly towards the supply depot.