Off to War

(5007 AS, 2 years later)

Borealis had grown up to be, in all regards, the perfect image of what someone would say a warrior goddess would look like in terms of figure, and she easily fit the bill. As for what she had done in the past 2 years of her life, that was quite simple: train, learn, cause a little bit of trouble, and in the recent months, play with her 2 newly born siblings.

Though if you asked her, even though she may not like how easy it is, she can pretty much instantly name her favorite sibling, that being her baby brother Winter, as she adored his innate playfulness and the light of eagerness behind his eyes. She had seen it in the eyes of researchers she had met during her studies, so she could already imagine what path her little brother would take, and she couldn't wait to see him do so.

Currently, she was playing with her 4 month old little brother, who could walk and talk by now, as was dragon biology. Currently she was mainly tickling him and giggling to herself at his laughter, knowing that soon enough a messenger would come to get her, so currently she was having fun. "Well Winty, how's are ya liking your big sis's tickles?"

"HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! MERHEHEHERCY!!!!" Winter howled with laughter as his small form tried to stop her from tickling him, but failed, however she soon stopped and booped his snoot.

"Welp, I gotta get going little brother, let's get you back in bed, it's about time for your nap anyways."

"Oki big sis Borei."

She smiled lightly and picked him up before setting him down in his crib and rubbing his head and handing him one of his stuffed scavenger dolls from the floor. "Here ya go, sleep well Winty."

"Night night big sis." The little dragonet replied, then began to snuggle with the dolls.

And right after that, with a yawn, he was asleep, and right on time a messenger knocked on the door, to which Borealis took a deep breath. She then turned on royal mode and left, nodding to the messenger, who nodded back and began to lead her to the throne room.

When they arrived, the messenger bowed outside of the doorway before opening the large doors to the throne room for Borealis, "Thank you." She said before entering, after which the doors were closed behind her and she walked to the front of the throne before kneeling before Queen Glacier. Others in her age group with her, also kneeling, her being the last to arrive, right on time.

"Good, you're all here, first things first, you have all been selected to be our newest batch of officers to arrive on the war front. Mainly due to the above average, and in some cases, absolutely exemplary levels of talent in the areas needed. As such, the ones with the higher scores and rank combined shall be sent to more dangerous areas, where we are essentially actively losing. It is expected of you to turn the situation around and succeed where the original commanders failed, that is all, and I wish you good luck. Oh, and Borealis, stay behind, I have something I wish to give you as a precautionary measure."

The other nobles were of course annoyed by her getting favorable treatment, but they weren't that annoyed considering she was the apparent heir to the throne, her popularity eclipsing both her cousin and younger sister by a landslide.

Hence as the nobles left and the doors closed, Glacier sighed and looked at her niece with tears in her eyes, before coming down from her throne in a hurry and hugging her, crying lightly while she did so. Borealis was also crying slightly, as one, she was worried about the future, and 2, this would be the first time she was majorly leaving her family behind for an extended period of time.

They stayed like that for a few minutes before they stopped the hug and calmed down, before Glacier motioned for her to follow her, and Boralis obliged.