two

Midnight rolled around pretty quickly. Once again, Y/n made her way down the sewers and into the humble and cozy home, it was so quiet without the noise of the turtles' laughing and playful banter. Sneaking around the lair, Y/n popped her head into the living room where she was greeted by the backs of Splinter and Baron Draxum who were currently meditating.
   "H-Hello?" She spoke quietly, carefully making her way inside the room to not disturb the two. "Y/n, sit." Draxum scoot himself over a couple inches to create sitting space for the smaller teen to sit between the two. Plopping herself down, Y/n sat in silence, wanting to speak up but was interrupted by the ex villain's hand on her back. Lifting up her gaze, she smiled faintly at Draxum before a sharp pain seethed through her back area.

   "Be careful! She is still too small to be handling such pain!" Draxum removed his claw like tendrils from the teen's head, ignoring Splinter and watching the blood drip onto the cold concrete floor.
   "Yet, you allowed her to fight alongside us during The Shredder?" Splinter shut his mouth, avoiding Draxum's gaze before he settled his hand onto Y/n's back. In a matter of seconds the two were linking their minds and bodies to hers.

"Leo, we'll be okay, I would never leave any if you. Besides, we're going out in style, Babe." Y/n took out a small book of glittery stickers. As they crept upon extinction, Y/n pulled Leo in a tight hug. Tears poked at her eyes as she rubbed circles on his cracked shell before placing the stylish stickers on the cracks as if they were a bandaid.
   Y/n and Leo separated their hug but never let each other go, tears dwelled in her eyes. Leo smiled down at her until he noticed the shadow covering her face.

Splinter watched in fear whilst Draxum held in every bit of emotion he had. Is this what Y/n was seeing? Her own sacrifice to save his son?

If she saw The Krang, if she knew about The Krang, why didn't she tell them about this sooner? It's been three years since the attack of Shredder, so... "Why didn't she tell me sooner?" Draxum stared down at the panicked Splinter. Noticing that he was in distress, Draxum shifted into another vision, or was it a memory? The setting was taken place before Shredder, but they still saw the vision she had before the whole ordeal.

"She saw this coming before... Does she not trust me?" Splinter scratched his head in confusion before his eyes wandered to the echoing cries of the teen girl who was watching her friends get hurt by the beast they knew as Shredder. Splinter tugged at the hem of Draxum's clothing, wanting to leave the replaying of the same scene. Draxum understood his frustration and closed his eyes to remove the two from her conscious.

   The two removed their hands from the girl's back, waving their hand and blowing on it to cool the burning from the electrical shock when they exited her mind. Y/n kept her head down to the floor as small droplet of salty tears created a puddle onto the concrete. The two mutants weren't sure how to feel, let alone what to do since they both were not the type to comfort.
   Splinter was the first to speak up, settling his paw onto her healing back, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Y/n sniffled, wiping her wet cheeks with her sleeve before sitting up to sit criss cross. "I didn't know, I was scared..." Y/n made eye contact with the worried Splinter, turning her position to face him and slouch her back in shame. "Y/n, you know you can always trust me, I doubt even if I did know that things would have turned out differently. However, these visions are important, especially since they predict what seems to be the near future, or, what happens in someone else's future." Y/n nodded, turning her head to face Draxum for a second before returning her gaze onto the mutated rat.

   "Will you be here tomorrow?" Draxum butted in. Y/n nodded, "I have a short class tomorrow and then, Donnie wants me to test his new equipment before him and his brothers go out later in the evening." There was silence for a mere moment, Splinter breaking the heavy atmosphere by offering the girl to grab something from the kitchen before she leaves for the night.
   Y/n followed Splinter to the kitchen, allowing him to bring her some water and leaving her to rest. Even from the short amount they spent in her mind, it still took a lot of energy from all sides. Y/n sat in silence, chewing on the sandwich that Splinter made for her. With one thought on her mind.

   Why didn't Draxum use the same technique he used with, Splinter when they were being transported into his memories?
Would they be able to escape her mind without someone controlling everything? And was there really a necessary explanation as to harming her?

It was almost like when—

"Y/n?" Jumping up from the sudden voice, the girl turned to the entry way, being greeted by the one and only Michelangelo. "Mikey, what are you doing up?" Mikey yawned, grabbing a cup of water from the sink before rubbing his eyes, and taking a seat across the emotionally drained female.
"I thought you went home, why are you still here?" Y/n pursed her lips, resting her cheek into the palm of her hand and looked down towards the other half of her snack. Mikey noticed her distress, leaning over the table to settle his hand onto hers.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Y/n set her gaze onto his hand before moving it to his face. Mikey smiled softly, squeezing his grip as he moved to a different chair, wanting to be closer.

"I'm overwhelmed." Mikey stayed quiet, so did Y/n. The clock in the kitchen was the only thing that was creating noise in the silent moment. "I guess I'm just scared about losing you guys... since... the Shredder attack." Y/n'a voice trailed off, sliding down in her seat whilst Mikey kept a tight hold onto her hand. Mikey hummed in response, the Shredder attack was years ago, and she's still experiencing traumatic stress from the event.
It's not like he didn't understand, he lost his Gram Gram and almost his family. Yet it didn't seem to take such a serious toll on him or the other's unlike it did on Y/n. So what got her so worked up?

"I'm— I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad, Mikey." Y/n stood up from her seat to wrap her arms around the turtle, comforting him in a warm embrace. The mutant flushed a bright pink, wrapping his arms around her torso to accept the affection.

Mikey debated with himself, wondering if he should take Y/n home, they have nice trips together anyway. "I'll take you home, okay?" Y/n nodded, standing up from her seat to place the empty plate into the sink, waiting for Mikey to return to her so they could leave.

   Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, Mikey held the quiet girl in his arms. He wanted to make her smile, so he cracked a few jokes, complimented her and even offered to grab a snack from a 24 hour store. However, Y/n either hummed in response or denied any offer which left Mikey a little heart broken, why was she being so stubborn?
Settling down on the lightly decorated apartment balcony, Mikey set the girl down. "Sleep well, okay?" Nodding, Y/n pat the mutant on the head and turned her back towards him to quietly head back inside. Mikey frowned.

You see, usually the two would be laughing and dancing, maybe even being a little bit tardy, but today was different. Everything seemed to feel like such an emotional rollercoaster that no one ever spent much time together other than earlier that day. It was obvious Mikey's love language was quality time, and he loved to spend that time with his family and friends, but he loved to spend the most time with Y/n. Much like Raphael, Mikey also developed hard feelings for her, it was hard not to considering how soft hearted he was.
   It didn't mean it was a bad thing, he was just empathetic and tended to think about his heart and feelings along with others around him. He was empathetic and energetic, much like his female friend, it was hard to frown when the two were together, they would light up the room so easily. If Mikey were to be honest, he would tell you that Y/n outshone him every time.

   Throwing herself onto her bed, Y/n's eyes teared up. She felt silly, useless, every time she thought about the Shredder attack, she wished she would have been the one to go. Why didn't she tell anyone sooner?

   It was because she thought it wasn't real, considering the fact she was friends with the mutated turtles. To Y/n, an attack from some demonic armer was way too much to believe, even for the turtles themselves. The fact it happened twice along with the fact her and her family's life was risked along the way scared her too much for it to even be believable.

'I still remember everything... The screaming, the chaos, it was so painful to hear, to see. I never want to see that again, I never want it to come back.'

"Does she not trust me?"

Y/n pondered on the question, did she really not trust Splinter enough to tell him what she's been seeing? Why did she not realize sooner that those visions were soon to become a reality at that point in time? It made her want to set herself on fire, it was embarrassing...

She was scared of tomorrow.