-Chapter two-

TW: mentions of death

————————————

After the incident, your mom took you home. You were absolutely traumatised, the image of your friends corpses stuck in your head. But something from that moment stuck out to you.

When Cassidy was killed, her head had turned slowly towards you as she was gagging and spluttering on her blood. She mouthed a "Run" at you, as a tear rolled down her cheek. That was when she took her last breath, her lifeless eyes boring into yours. And of course, you didn't hesitate to get your tiny self out of there.

What kind of a monster would do such a thing? Especially to young, innocent children.

You couldn't sleep at all that night. Tossing and turning, your mind replaying the events of that night. You cried and cried yourself eventually to sleep.

Earlier the next morning after a horrible birthday, the cops came knocking at your front door. Turns out, they had investigated the Parts and Service room where your friends were killed, only to find it completely empty. Apart from the blood covering the walls and the floor.

So they know that children were definitely murdered, the bodies just weren't anywhere to be found. You told them about that man in the yellow rabbit suit, but he was nowhere to be found on the crime scene either, so they couldn't actually pin down a suspect.

Months passed. Months of sleepless nights, months of feeling totally unhappy and numb, months of therapy sessions.

Months passed. The child murderer was never found.

But the bodies were.

Eventually.

The customers in the pizzeria were complaining about the pungent smell coming from the animatronic suits. Investigators claimed that the corpses of the children had been stuffed into the animatronics suits of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy and another bear who was an exact replica of Freddy, but golden.
But you knew it was that psychotic man who did it, to cover his tracks. It was smart, but not smart enough. You hoped that justice will be served.

The restaurant shut down after they found the bodies. Never to open again. But that's what you thought.

-Present day-

September, 1993

8 years after the incident, you rented out an apartment, because you were an adult now and had to take your life into your own hands. You were also in desperate need for a job, as you were struggling to pay for your rent and to pay for food on the table.

Your eyes scoured the news paper in your right hand, coffee mug in your left, sipping gently on the dark brown liquid.

That dreadful day had left an impact on your attitude, you hardly made any new friends in high school as everybody thought you were a "grouchy grunge girl" who was friends with ghosts. You beat the shit out the little bitch who came up with that.

Getting older, you also got fired from pretty much every job you had. You know that they wouldn't take you back, so you had to look for other jobs.

But there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

No jobs free, nobody was recruiting. You had circled a bunch of jobs in the newspaper but they either turned you down after your past experiences of jobs, or you got fired on the second day.

You sighed, loosing hope, until something caught your eye. You hadn't circled it as a job to sign up for though. Strange. Reading the article fully, you knew why.

The pizzeria, you know, Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria, had reopened and was recruiting someone for a security gig. A guard working the night shift. Why it had reopened, you'd never know. You were in utter disbelief, did the owners really think people would still go there for kids birthday parties?

You had swore to yourself that you would never go back there, but you were desperate. So very desperate for a job. You didn't know how much the pay was though, you hoped it was enough to finally pay off your rent.

You bit the inside of your cheek as you contemplated on whether to dial the number or not. I need to get over this, you thought. It was years ago. Who am I kidding, I'll never get over it. Sighing, you hesitantly picked up your rotary telephone and dialled the number.

It didn't even ring twice when someone picked up the other end.

"H-hello? Hello hello! This is Freddy Fazbears Pizza! How may I help you?" the masculine voice spoke through the phone. "Uh hello? Hi, I saw you were recruiting people for the security gig?" you questioned the man.

"Yes, that's correct! You've come to the r-right place! May I take a name and phone number?" the guy replied timidly.

"Uh yeah sure. Y/N L/N, and my phone number is (********)" you muttered back, twisting your finger around the telephone's curly cord. The other line went silent for a second, you assumed he was writing this all down as you heard him repeating your name under his breath.

"Okie dokie then, your hired! Your shift-" he spoke, but you cut him off. "Wait. First, how's the pay?" you asked. He paused before he spoke again "Well...n-not great" he stuttered, and your heart sank a little. "It's, uh, $4 an hour..we've only opened just recently, a-and we're trying to hire as many people as possible, s-so you would all get the same wage for now, until the restaurant becomes popular again" he explained nervously.

You nibbled on your lip, contemplating whether to take it. I guess it's better than nothing? you thought. You exhaled deeply. "I'll take it"

He seemed to pause in shock "G-Great! Your shift starts midnight tonight till 6 am the next morning. Your uniform will be on the office chair, and y-you'll get paid by the end of the week" he stuttered. "Sweet" you said dryly.

"W-well, I'll speak to ya tonight, bye miss!" he quickly spoke, ending the call before you could reply.

"Ooookay then..awesome" you spoke aloud to yourself, placing the phone back on the stand, a small smile forming on your lips. The smile didn't last long as you gulped and realised what you signed up for.

No backing out now.

You needed this job, whether you loved it or hated it. Even if that man who killed your friends was there, you knew how to fight, you wouldn't take any shit from him and beat his ass if he tried anything. Maybe you'll find out some more information about him and your friends' murder.

You took a nap so you wouldn't fall asleep on the night shift, you were actually gonna take this job seriously because you needed the money, and didn't wanna get fired. You awoke from your peaceful slumber at 11pm, putting on a shirt, jeans, a jacket and a backpack, seems though you had a uniform waiting for you. You had a sandwich for a quick snack so you also wouldn't starve. You put a Dr pepper in your bag, along with your walkman and a Metallica cassette to listen to music.

You got in your car and drove to the pizzeria, Nirvana playing quietly on the radio. When you parked your car, you stared at the building, traumatising memories flooding back into your brain from your 11th birthday. You still couldn't believe you were doing this, shaking your head in disbelief.

Checking the time to see it was 11:45pm, you got out your car and headed towards the front entrance, a chill going down your spine, not knowing you basically signed a death wish.

—————————————-
A/N

And here's the second chapter!
What do we think?

If I have made any mistakes, please let me know!

Make sure to vote please 🙏

Have a great day!
<3

Edit:
changed the mobile phone to an actual rotary phone that people would've actually used in the 90's 💀

and added a walkman in there. as well as metallica, because i love them sm 🤭