11.) What's the Issue?

When Honey woke up on her mother, it was with a dry mouth and a headache.

"Your daddy is here, Honey," she whispered, stroking her hair.

Honey nodded and just lay in her mother's chest. Always her first source of comfort.

Ross came out of the house with aspirin and water. Two things his baby girl needed, and he climbed inside the swinging cot.

"Why are you upset, sweetheart?" he wondered, taking her in his arms.

When Lovey sent him a text stating that their only daughter was there in tears, it distressed him. No man wanted his princess crying. Ross was there for all of his kids.

Honey shook her head softly and started crying again.

"How can someone who said they love me do me like that?" she whispered.

Ross thought she meant Trap and started to get up, but Lovey parked him right back, shaking her head. She knew it wasn't Trap because she'd seen bruises on Honey, and she knew her daughter would let them know if it had something to do with Trap.

"What happened, baby?" Lovey asked soothingly, rubbing her daughter's back.

Honey started to explain the confrontation with Passion, breaking down. She had to collect herself before she could continue what she had to say.

"I went to ask Passion why she been treating me like she don't want me around no more. Like brushing me off, and then I told her I seen her in Trap face. Which is true, and he called and told me. That turned into something else. I told her I had crushed on plenty of niggas that was chasing her, and that's true."

She stopped and thought about a few guys Passion had talked to or dated in the past.

"I liked Laurence, Jimmy, Daniel, and Cameron. And I never acted funny that they liked her instead. Because that's my sister, and if someone want her, then I say he got good taste and be happy fo' her. But then she goes off and told me I woulda took any one of them if they looked my way. Laurence, was always trying to talk to me. While they was together. Cute as he was, bad as I had crushed, I told her about it instead of being a ho to her. Then that somehow turned into me getting better than what she get, as if I don't clock in for twelve hours, six days a week."

Honey wiped her face. She hated the way shit went earlier that evening. It made her sick to think that she had to fight someone she called family.

"I never wanted to fight my own sister. Especially not over no man. I love him, but he ain't worth losing my sister."

Ross held Honey and kissed her forehead. He believed her, but he was still going to see what Passion had to say and decide who was really in the wrong here. There were three sides to every story. One side, the other, and the truth.

"Honey, he's your man, and if Passion loved you like she been sayin' she loved you, then a man wouldn't come between you," Ross gently explained. "You clearly love her because she your sister. You got a good heart like that. But I don't want you giving up that man for no one. He make you happy. Even if me and your moms tell you something, you know your love better than us. As long as you love him and he make you happy, stay with him. Misery love company, baby. You don't gotta visit her pity party."

Honey nodded and Ross's phone rang. It was Adina.

"Hello?"

"What Honey do to my daughter?"

Ross looked at the phone a minute. She knew better than to speak to him like that. Even Lovey watched her tone when she talked to him, and he tolerated the most out of her. He didn't know what was wrong with Adina.