CHAPTER FOUR

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to dear Kian... Happy Birthday to you!!!!!"

The crowd sang for the little birthday boy who turned six today. Kian was on cloud nine holding the Iron Man statue in one hand and cutting down the marvel-themed cake with the other.

He radiated the happiness that easily snuck into everyone's face. They were happy looking at the young troublemaker enjoying his birthday cake.

But there was also a person who was present there but also not. Samael.

Why was he not affected by our touch?

"I am also thinking the same, Griffin" 

Maybe we did not really touch him.

"We did, Griffin. I felt a skin on my hot body"

Are we losing this curse then?!?

There was excitement in the voice of the wolf. He was happy that they did not have to worry about touching another person now. They can walk in crowds freely. They could eat in new places which worried Griffin being flooded with people. 

All that excitement went into vain when the warlock plucked a leaf from the tree beside and that immediately turned into ashes.

Guess we still have great power! Huh! We no losers.

He says that and fads away thinking about those overpopulated restaurants.

And on the other hand, there was a person who was squirming under the eyes of the warlock. Samael did not beat an eye looking at Elias with furrowed brows, that were barely visible from above the black shades, as his confusion was clearly visible from the downward lips.

"What is his problem?" the young man mumbled to his best friend, Lian, who had his eyes fixated on the cake.

"Huh? Who?" Lian replied without moving eye contact from a lifeless cake. Maybe that way, the cake might land in his mouth. Yeah, that was definitely his thought.

"That weird man wearing those eye shades even in the night" he signaled towards the huge man wearing all black and standing at the very corner of the backyard making sure his vision to Elias had no obstacles. 

Lian for the first time looked away from the cake but only after making sure that the last big piece was definitely his. "Hm?" he then looked at the man who was staring into the soul of his friend. "Oh he hot!" he declares looking at the entire impression of the man. 

As much as Elias did not want to admit it to his best friend, he himself knew that the tall and muscular frame of the weird man was indeed very attractive. If only he did not have a stiff mouth and stupid behavior, he would have been under a ton of ladies, he thought looking at the same man who was avoiding the elderly lady passing by him by sticking himself to the wall completely and holding his breath while he stood on his toes just to avoid that tiny contact. 

But on another opinion, of course, he was hot 'cause he had that face of his brother-in-law, Elias thought.

"Weirdo!" Elias mumbles to himself.

"Hottie!" Lian says as he pushes his best friend to the side and rushes to the warlock.

"Lian!" the young man calls but all his friend does is ignore him. But he can't ignore him, can he? The young man walks in the footprints of his friend.

The warlock breathed out a puff of air as the lady finally walked past him. His black orbs again shift to the irritated boy and from there they went straight to the young man walking towards him with a very slutty look. He wore tight black jeans with a loose white dress shirt with the first three buttons open. His shiny brown orbs were shining very beautifully in the decorated lights of the venue. But the touch was beauty was the depth of them.