Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Renee and I went out for breakfast and she drove me to work.

"That was fun. I enjoy spending time with you," Renee said.

"I enjoy spending time with you too. And that breakfast was great. Thank you for doing that," I said.

"You're my girlfriend and you seemed like you needed a pick me up. I love cooking but when I'm cooking for my girl that's 100x better," Renee said. I smiled leaning over and pulling her in for a kiss.

"I've got to go before I'm late," I said. Renee kissed me again. I ran out of the car and rushed upstairs to get changed into my scrubs.

"You're late Montgomery," Dr Bailey said.

"Um. I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't apologise to me. Apologise to the doctor who requested you," Dr Bailey handed me a file.

"Can't do it," I said.

"Oh, that's fine. You turn up late and now you want to pick your own cases. I'll let you pick your own surgery too," Dr Bailey said walking off. I headed to the floor where the case was and saw Addison and Meredith.

"Kill me now," I muttered.

"You're late," Addison said.

"I'm feeling sick. I think I'm gonna go," I said. Meredith looked at me. Addison glared at me. "Or I'll stay right here,"

"Move," Addison said. Meredith and I followed Addison to the patient's room. Her name was Julie and she had TTTS.

"Define TTTS," Addison said.

"Twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Conjoined fetal twins," Meredith said.

"Connected by?" Addison asked.

"Blood vessels in the placenta," Meredith said.

"Meaning?" Addison paused. Meredith didn't know. I went to talk but Addison gave me a look to shut up. "One twin gets too much blood, the other too little, endangering the lives of both. I'd expect you to know that, Grey,"

"They told me there wasn't much chance anything could be done," Julie said.

"TTTS is usually impossible to correct. Unless you happen to be one of a handful of surgeons in the world who knows how to separate fetal blood vessels. Which, luckily for you, I am. So we're gonna get you into surgery tomorrow. If you have any questions at all please ask Dr Grey. From what I have seen, she is one of the hospital's most popular interns," Addison said. We walked into the hallway.

"I could've answered your question had you given me the chance," Meredith said.

"Chin up, Grey. I'm this tough on everyone, not just the women my husband sleeps with. Order an ultrasound for her and pre-op labs in full," Addison said before walking off.

Timeskip

I was sitting at the nurses' station reading up on TTTS.

"Your red hair makes you stand out," Addison said.

"You're punishing me for not telling you about Derek which yeah was a stupid move, okay but I didn't know what had happened with you so I didn't want to say anything. Well I know his version but each story has 2 sides," I said. "Also people around here thought I was sleeping with Derek so had I said something even to Meredith it would have looked like I was lying to get him to myself," I said.

"You still ramble when you're nervous. It's cute," Addison said.

"Not nervous. Awkward. Meredith is someone I would have considered a friend until you turned up with your perfect face that makes you look more like a model than a freaking surgeon. Now she probably wants to dismember me with an infected ten-blade one limb at a time starting at the fingers, one by one until I die from bleeding out," I said. Addison laughed.