Chapter 42

Claire's POV

        "Ugh, I'm so tired," Alice complains while taking off her shoes and plopping down on the couch. She stretches her body out and takes up the entire couch. We just got back from Maddie's party and well lets just say that a little five year old wanted us to do everything with her. And by everything, I mean dancing to Just Dance 4, jump roping, playing soccer, eating cake, and running around and doing everything she did. I'm exhausted from today, but I don't regret doing anything. The smile on her face made it all worth it though.

        I drop my bag on the ground and sit on the bean bag that I dragged down from my room. I close my eyes and start to fall asleep, but before I could drift off into a deep slumber, someone jumped onto the bean bag and sent me flying off. I groan when my body hits the hard floor. I rub my bottom and start glaring at Kyle. He scrunches up his face before he's starts to guffaw. Lee and Ryder start to laugh along, and Jules joins them soon.

        I huff and stand back up. I sit on Kyle and purposely put all of my weight on him. He laughs harder and I slap his chest. He smirks, "If this is you saying you want to get back together than keep it up." I gasp and scramble off of his lap. I hop onto the couch with Alice sprawled out on. She groans when I fall on her and tries to shove me off.

        I sit up and lift her feet up before sliding under. "Sorry, Ally." I sigh and rest my head on the arm rest. I get up and walk up to my room. I look over at Aiden's window and see him sitting there frowning. I grimace and then walk over to my window and shut the curtains. I sigh and fall onto my bed and drift off into a deep sleep.

        I get up from my bed and change into a black skirt and a cropped top. I looked at the final product and then grab my keys and walk out the door and down the stairs. I run down the stairs and find Alice and Jules waiting with their stuff at the door. I walk down and Jules is already saying, "Took you long enough."

        I roll my eyes and grab my keys off of the table. We walk out of the house and walk up to Spencer's truck. He volunteered to drive us and go and watch a movie with us, along with shopping.

        We get in the car and Jules calls shotgun. Spence and Jules instantly start talking, and Alice and I start to fan girl over them without them hearing us. They are so cute together and I think they might like each other too. I mean sure they tease each other and say a few things to each other, but their relationship is kind of like Aiden and I's. Damn why did I have to think about Aiden? It already kills me seeing him sad, and then I think about what happened and die all over again.

        "Claire," Alice whispers while lightly nudging me with her arm. I turn to her and she nods towards Spence and Jules. I grin and then shout along with the song Wild Life by Jack and Jack. Both of them jump and Alice laughs while trying to sing with me. Spencer looks straight and stops talking to Jules.

        We get to the mall in no time. By no time I mean with the endless chatter of Spence and Jules and the fangirling from Alice and I.

        We get out of the truck and start walking to the mall. I pull out my phone and look at the time. It's only 2:15 and the movie starts at 4:00. I slide my phone back into my bag. I walk through the doors and grab onto Alice before pulling her into Forever 21. We start looking at things and I turn around to see Spence and Jules standing there awkwardly. Alice and I laugh while we look through clothes.

        I look back out and see Spencer and Jules walking to the line of McDonald's. I laugh and continue on with looking at clothes. I look over at Alice and see her holding a couple of dresses.