Chapter 9

So my Christmas day is almost over and I just wanted to say I hope you had a wonderful christmas.

There's only one day of the year that I actually look forward to waking up before 7:00 and that day is today. It's Christmas. I turn on my side and grab my phone off of my speaker, on my night stand. I slide my phone and start texting everyone 🎄🎁🎉🎊Merry Christmas🎊🎉🎁🎄. I toss my phone on to my bed and open up my window and throw a pebble at Aiden's window. He opens it with a bright smile on his face and he shouts, "Merry Christmas, Claire!" I laugh, "Merry Christmas, Aiden!"

"Hurry up and get your ass over here so we can start opening up presents." I shake my head, "Doesn't matter we have to wait for everyone else anyway." He rolls his eyes, "Pfft there's nowhere in the Christmas Guide that says you have to wait for your friends to come to open presents."

"I'll be there in two minutes." I close my window and throw on my somebody's heartbreak pullover and head down the stairs, grabbing Aiden, Madison, and Mrs. Mathews presents. I grab my keys off the key chain holder and close the door and lock it.

I walk over to the house next door, knock on the door, and I wait there for someone to let me in. The door is opened to a grinning Madison and Aiden. I walk up to Aiden and pinch his cheeks, "Awe you look so much like big kid standing next to your sister. So cute, you two have the same chubby cheeks." He swats my hand away and we all turn when a car pulls up in the driveway.

Noah and Ella step out of the car. "Hey El, hey Noah, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël."
Ella waves, "Joyeux Noël! Où est tout le monde ?" I shrug, "Je ne sais pas ils devraient être ici à tout moment , même si"
Noah and Ella yell, at the same time, "Merry Christmas!"

Aiden comes up right behind me and whispers in my ear, "What did the two of you say?" I turn around and give him a smirk, "Wouldn't you like to know." I turn and walk into the house with Ella and Noah following my by a confused Aiden.

~

"It's about time that you guys got here." I say, wrapping my arms around Spence and Emmett, "I was actually considering opening some without you." Emmett turns and gives Spence a sour look, "Well we would of been here sooner if Spencer didn't take his sweet a- time." I give him a look, "Nice cover." He takes a bow, "I try."

~

"Claire, you got me the barbie three story dream house?" I nod and then instantly I'm tackled by a little 5 year old. "Thanks Claire. You're awesome and can we play with it later?" "Of course Madison anything for my favorite little 5 year old."

"Okay these are your presents, Ella, Noah, Spence, Emmett, Trev, and Aiden." They all start to unwrap their presents. As soon as Spencer opened his and saw what it was he started to freak out, "NO! YOU DIDN'T!" He waves the game above his head. I laugh, "Spence, that's the right one right. I know they don't have any anymore but I'm wasn't sure if it was the right one since there was two.

"Yeah this is awesome, Claire. I swear to god, you're so fuc- fudging awesome." He started jumping up and down and everyone continued to unwrap their presents. Ella has one of those girly girl moments when she realizes she got the necklace that we used to talk about when we were six. Noah was like, "Yes I can finally listen to music in class without getting caught." Trevor opened his and started laughing, "Claire, you know me so well." Aiden was the last one to open his as soon as he finishes opening it, tears start to form in his eyes.

I got him a Polaroid camera and a big pack of film. He said when he was small, his dad used to take him to the beach and they used to use his Polaroid camera to take picture and then they would make a collage with of all the pictures, post it on a wall, to remember each event. But when his dad left he lost the camera and the memories. I put my hand on his shoulder, "I thought that we could all help you create memories, that you'd never lose. I don't know exactly how much you liked that tradition, but we can make a new tradition. We'll still put it on the wall but write on the bottom with Sharpie so it'll never be forgotten and so no one can take the memories we make."

He pulls me, from behind him, into a tight embrace, "I love it. I really do. Thank you Claire." I nod, "It's not a problem. I mean what are friends for?" He lets out a deep chuckle before handing me a small box wrapped with Olaf, from Frozen, wrapping paper. "This is your present," he places the tiny box in my hand.

I start untie to ribbon and pull off the bow. I open the box and my mouth literately drops. He got me...