chapter 9

[Call you home - Kelvin Jones]

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun, peeking through the curtains, touching my face.
I turned around and immediately realized that I was alone in bed. Well, not entirely alone. Jules was still next to me, but Fabio was missing.
Thinking about it, I sat up and tried to wake up properly.
Did that even happen yesterday with Fabio or was it just a dream?
I took a quick look around the room. It wasn't the room he showed me yesterday. So I guess I really did spend the night next to Fabio.
Yesterday before I fell asleep, I felt one more touch. It felt like someone was hugging me. However, I fell asleep immediately afterwards and didn't even know now if that had really happened. As was the kiss thing, which I still haven't forgotten.
But I decided not to worry about it in the morning and to look where Fabio was.
I got up and stretched.
In the meantime Jules had already woken up. I picked her up and scratched her head, which she seemed to like. Then I made my way down.
Of course, Fabio's house was huge, which might make the search a bit more difficult. The most logical thing to do would be to look in the kitchen, which I did.
Shortly thereafter, I saw him doing something in the kitchen and turning his back on me. I got a slight deja vu from my first visit here when Fabio made us the drinks.
When he heard someone enter the kitchen, he looked at me briefly and started to smile: "So? How did you sleep?"
"Very good," I said truthfully.
When Jules spotted her food bowl, she started to move restlessly in my arms, so I put her down.
"Are you feeling a little better than last night?" Fabio asked.
I nodded and was silent for a moment before I started speaking again: "Sorry again for randomly coming to you and crying last night. I was just desperate and couldn't sleep, but don't worry, you'll have enough room in your bed tonight. I think I've got my emotions under control now."
"I also had enough space in my bed with you...", he spoke slowly and gave me a quick look.
"I didn't mind you coming to me," he slowly explained his self , "to be honest, I couldn't really sleep either."
"Why couldn't you sleep?" I asked, not sure if I would get an answer.
"Breakfast is ready," he changed the topic of conversation, which made me stop asking because Fabio obviously didn't want to talk about it right now and I didn't want to force him into anything either.
We sat down together at the breakfast table.
"And? What's up today?" I asked Fabio, who was sitting across from me.
"I want to show you a place this afternoon. I think it's a good place to calm down and there's never anyone else there, which means it's pretty quiet there too. I think I was the first one that found it," Fabio told me.
"Can you tell me something about the place?" I asked curiously.
"I would say you have to wait so it's gonna be a surprise," he laughed.
"You're pretty good with your surprises, aren't you?"

We spent the morning relatively calmly and without big plans. Since we didn't get up really early, it flew by.
Around four, Fabio came back to me in the living room after he had briefly disappeared for ten minutes and gave me a backpack.
"Here, you have to take this. And I would recommend you to take a sweater with you. It's quite warm today, but the wind while we drive will make it colder."
Now I was confused. You didn't feel any headwind in the car, did you?
Fabio caught my eye and spoke as if he could read my mind, "Yes, it's not the car. I'll show you in a moment."
I ran upstairs to put on a sweater and then jogged down the stairs again.
Fabio led me to a door, next to the main entrance, which I knew led to the garage.
We passed his car. There was no other vehicle here.
I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a keyhole click. It was another door.
Fabio held the door open for me when I saw our transport for today.
It was a motorcycle. So not one like the one he drove every weekend in his racing series, but a motorcycle that you often saw with the teenagers.
I would have loved to have driven one myself back then, but due to all the races that sent me to a different country almost every weekend, I didn't really have time to get my driver's license.
Sure, you might think that the fact that I was in a race car almost every weekend was much better than having a license to drive a motorcycle. However, it felt a bit like a childhood dream just about to come true.
"

Oh shit... That's awesome," I said in amazement.
Fabio looked at me: "Okay, I didn't think that a Formula 1 world champion would be so enthusiastic about a normal motorcycle, but that's fine with me."
I also told Fabio the story, which made me happy, which made him smile.
"Well then, what are we waiting for?"
Fabio handed me a helmet, which I put on. I strapped the backpack to my back and we mounted after pushing the bike outside.
"Hold on tight," Fabio said to me before he let the engine roar.
As soon as he accelerated, I felt the wind and the desire that rose in me. It was now at the latest that I realized again why I always wanted to drive such a machine back then.
I enjoyed the ride while wrapping my arms around Fabio's stomach. I had to admit that I didn't mind being so close to him.
Even though I was slowly admitting the feelings, they still frightened me tremendously.
However, I had to say that Fabio felt more and more at home, which drove away the fear.
I could always come to him to talk, I have a warm feeling when I'm around him, my worries vanished as soon as I was near him...
Yes, slowly I could really call it my home. At least in my mind.

After a while, the busy road became more and more empty, so that soon we were the only ones on the route.
Fabio turned in and now we drove away into a forest. Shortly thereafter, he slowed the motorcycle until it came to a complete stop.
We dismounted.
"Here we are. How was the trip?" Fabio asked.
"If I told that to my 15-year-old it would probably have freaked out."
"Why freaked out? Because you rode a motorbike or because you rode with me?" Fabio asked, giving me a sideways glance and taking my helmet off.
I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but laugh, "Very funny."
He also started to laugh a little, "Sorry, I had to, but somehow it's cute that you're so excited 'just' because of riding a motorcycle once."
I had to be careful that I could still hear the rest of the sentence because my brain stopped working briefly at the word 'cute'.
I was just able to suppress the blush and decided not to look Fabio directly in the eye.
He explained to me that we still had to walk a little because he couldn't drive his motorbike all the way to the square.
So we went along the short path after Fabio took the backpack from me.
And when we got there, I was breathless with excitement.