chapter 10

[Coastline - Hollow Coves]

"Wow...," it just escaped me quietly. I couldn't bring out more at the moment.
I first had to process the view I saw in front of me.
We were on a cliff, which you reached as soon as you left the forest.
If you looked into the distance, you could see turquoise sparkling water, which immediately caught your eye. If you looked down from the cliff, a kind of bay formed a few meters below.
I immediately understood why Fabio found this place as magical as he told me on the way there.
How the sun reflected on the clear water and made it shine enchanted me even more.
I also realized why we went there at this time, because as soon as the sunset starts, the place will get another magician.
"You like it?" Fabio asked hopefully.
Immediately I nodded, "Yes Fabio, it... God, I already love this place!"
I looked at him and noticed a glow lighting up his eyes.
"That's good, then I don't have to go here alone all the time and have someone to come with me," he said proudly, which made me give him a questioning look.
"You can't tell me that your friends would rather stay at home than come to this place?"
"Well..." he spoke slowly, "Honestly you're the first to see this place. I actually never wanted to show anyone because I wanted to have it for myself. I always get a clear head here. However, I think you need this at the moment too and I want to be there for you."
I smiled gratefully at Fabio as I sat down on the cliff and let my legs hang down.
Fabio sat down next to me and gave me a can from his backpack, so we can have a drink.
"How did you find this place?" I asked, genuinely interested. I mean, there are quite a few other people living in this area, so how did it come that Fabio was the first?
He began his story, "It actually happened quite by accident. I just rode the motorcycle around and then turned towards the forest because I love forest paths like this. Then I continued to drive until I saw the water shining. And I knew right away that I had to come here more often. Over time, I realized that nobody else had ever been here, so I think I can make this count as my secret place."
I was listening to him carefully when I suddenly felt something. It was only a very gentle touch, but I noticed how Fabio brushed his little finger against mine and then stopped. Neither of us said anything and we looked into the distance.
However, the small touch became more moments later when he linked our fingers together.
Although we only touched with one finger, I felt a new hope in me.
I think this movement came from Fabio. Could it be that my hopes have not disappointed me?...
We sat next to each other in silence for a while. However, it was a comforting silence and not an awkward silence. We watched the water and just enjoyed the touch.
Then I decided to ask something, "Are you often here in the summer too?"
He nodded and added shortly afterwards, "Yes, I'm here most often in the summer. I also figured out how to get down to the water last summer. There's a way, which is a bit steep, but otherwise it's okay. You can swim well here."
"Can you show me the way?" I asked.
He looked at me, slightly aghast: "You don't want to go swimming. It's freezing. It's only March."
I shrugged as I stood up, "Well, we don't have to go all the way in... But come on, let's go."
Fabio nodded and stood up like me.
We walked a few meters into the forest and turned left. It was still straight out for a short time when the path went steeper down. However, it was still clearly walkable, so I didn't make it a problem.
We walked down an estimated five minutes when you could already see the lake. Up close this time.
"Let's not go all the way over to the cliff, there's also a point here where the water isn't that deep right away," Fabio explained to me. This made our route a little shorter when we arrived at a stony surface.
Because the water was so clear, you could tell right away that the water only got deeper as you swam further out, like Fabio used to say.
"As soon as I'm home in the summer, I spend most of my time here."
I could totally understand that, because down here it was at least as beautiful as up on the cliff.
I glanced at the lake as I began to take off my shoes.
"Nika, you don't seriously want to go in now, do you?" Fabio asked and watched me as I stuffed my socks into my shoes and then rolled up my pants.
In response, I slowly entered the water so that my ankles were covered.
"Hey, that's fine. Come in," I said to Fabio and turned to him.
He eyed me critically for a moment, until he took off his shoes and socks, did the same thing I did with his pants and also entered the water ankle-wide.
"Fuck, that's cold," he whispered, slowly widening his eyes.
"Don't make a drama," I said and went further in so that my lower legs also touched the water.
"Well, if you're sick tomorrow, I won't take care of you," Fabio talked when he saw how deep I was in the water.
"And what if you get sick yourself?" I asked, splashing some water on him with my hand.
Fabio turned away slightly when the water touched him. He then turned around again with an grin: "You didn't just do..."
I grinned too, "Oh yes, I did..."
"Just wait..."
And before I could do anything, the water fight began.
We splashed each other with the ice-cold water, which Fabio apparently felt a bit colder than I did.
After a while our tops were already completely wet and it was getting colder and colder as the sun started to set.
We decided to go back up and then to the motorbike.
The evening wind and the headwind didn't make the ride any more comfortable with wet clothes, which is why I pressed myself against Fabio a little tighter than necessary to get warmth from somewhere.
After a few minutes we had already arrived at Fabio's house, parked the motorbike and quickly went inside.
We both changed quickly and then made some tea to warm up again.
We ate something and finally watched Netflix. Like yesterday, we both got tired relatively quickly, because this day was exhausting, even of we had a lot of fun.
We both brushed our teeth together after we changed into sleepwear.
We walked out of the bathroom and to our room doors which were opposite.
"Well then, good night," said Fabio.
"Good night," I said too, whereupon we locked our arms around each other.
I noticed that this hug lasted a bit longer than the others before. We both didn't want to tear ourselves away from each other.
Once again it seemed to me that the same thoughts were racing through our heads. And again Fabio was the first to say it.
"Do you want to sleep in my room again tonight?" he whispered carefully.
I nodded and we finally broke the hug.
Fabio opened the door and entered the room.
Like yesterday evening we went to bed.
Even if my hopes and feelings for Fabio were increased ten times with today alone, I still didn't dare to lie down directly next to him and turned my back on him again.
However, he was the braver of the two of us, because this time he didn't hesitate and immediately snuggled up to me. And I couldn't be happier about it.
And now I dared to take his hand, whereupon we both could slowly see the first colors of our dream.