𝟎𝟎𝟐|| 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' ,' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , '

𝑆𝑜 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑤?

𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑤?

-IU, eight

' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' ,' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , ' , '

G A B R I E L   A G R E S T E .

"Tell me," Agent Roger demanded in his stentorian gruff voice, "Why. Why- What made you terrorize Paris, harm innocent people, and most importantly, ATTEMPT TO MURDER YOUR SON. YOUR. OWN. SON. Why would you do this?!"

His white, clenching fist slammed forcefully onto the tungsten metal table. The echoing, thunderous, reverberated clang of force rebounds within the dingy metal interrogation room of France's highest security guardhouse, built only for Gabriel Agreste, and for Gabriel Agreste only.

The unexpected clang almost deafened the cuffed man with swollen black eyes, fresh scars, sangria bruises, and a torn suit. But still, his head hung as low as the tide today.

After a few moments, a shaky sigh rested on his swollen lips. He tilted his head up and dared to look directly into the eyes of Agent Roger, and his red, bloodshot, watery eyes surprised the officer.

He looked helpless. His entire body was trembling with emotion, and his eyes were as gray as a stormy sky, yet the glint that once resided dimmed. Tears were on the verge of falling, about to defy his restraint.

A soft but firm whisper, full of powerful emotion, was mustered out of him defeatedly.

"Love ... Love blinded me."

Then came the waterworks. It was fascinating to witness a grown-up man, a successful designer, just as well as the world's most merciless villain, give in to his emotions. His weeping did not yearn for pity, no, it did not desire anything...

It was pure sorrow.

He wept for Emilie and her grieving condition. He wept for his son, who went through heart-breaking and deathly events caused by him himself. He wept for his previous filthy works of tyrannizing and terrorizing. He wept for Paris as he had single-handedly destroyed what used to be an optimistic place of love and beauty, a place for new beginnings and his dear home. He wept for his remorse and what his future beholds. He wept about how Emilie would view him if she knew what happened within the past ten years.

He wept for love.

His love for his family, his love for his hometown. How could he have neglected those? They were just as important as his love for his significant other. Now, he'd ruined them all.