Chapter 4: Gajeel's Awake

Gajeel's POV
"Mm," I groaned. "What happened? Why am I in Fairy Girl's dorm?"

"Mm," a voice mumbled. "Gajeel."

"Huh?" I asked myself.

I turned around to see that it was Y/n who said that. She was still asleep, too.

"You're awake," another voice said. I turned around again to see that it was Lily.

"Yeah," I said. "What happened? Why am I in Y/n's dorm?"

"We were attacked on our way back from a job," a third voice said.

"Levy?" I asked. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Levy replied. "I'm fine. Wendy healed me after she and Y/n were done healing you."

"Yeah," I said. "I sort of figured that part."

"And she decided to stay with you last night," another voice said.

"Morning, Wendy," Lily greeted.

"Good morning Lily and Levy," Wendy said. "And good morning, Gajeel. How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess," I replied. "But what happened to Y/n? Why is she passed out?"

"She ended up using too much magic energy trying to heal you," a voice replied.

"Morning, Stella," Levy said.

"Hey, Stella," I replied. "But why did she use up so much magic? She knows that using too much causes her to pass out."

"She wanted you to wake up," Lily replied. "She must care about you."

"Yeah right," I said.

"She cares about you more than you think, Gajeel," Stella said. "She also said that you were the only one who knows about how horrible her past is. Is that true?"

"Yeah," I answered. "I do. She told me about it when I joined Fairy Tail."

"Well then," Levy said. "At least we know that she wasn't lying."

Just then, I felt something moving around next to me. So I turned around to see Y/n strting to wake up.

Y/n's POV
"Mm," I grumbled. "Did Gajeel wake up?"

"Hey, short stack," a voice greeted.

I looked up after hearing the voice, a little shocked.

"Hey, Gajeel," I replied. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Gajeel said. "Thanks to you and Wendy. But one question."

"Oh?" I asked. "What is it Gajeel?"

"Why is it that you don't want other people knowing about how horrible your past is?" Gajeel asked.

"It's because I've had some awful things happen to the people I care about," I replied. "I don't want my friends to know about those awful things, so I would appreciate it if we kept the whole 'horrible past' thing between you and me, Gajeel. Alright? Please, I don't want history to repeat itself because of me."

"Alright," Natsu said. "So, wanna sing?"

"Haha," I giggled. "Yeah! But can we go to the guild hall and sing, please? And can I choose the song?"

"Sure," Levy said. "I don't see why not."

"Thanks," I said, starting to cry a little bit.

"Why are you crying, n/n?" Levy asked. "Did one of us say something wrong?"

"N-no," I said. "I-it's nothing. I just remembered the times that my mother and I would sing together. I-it's been 14 years since then. I just wish that the two of us could've sang one more song before she passed away."