Chapter - 9

With a loud sigh I looked up at the blue sky as we were laying on the grass.

"Where are we?" Five groaned next to me. I stood up and looked behind me, finding a small wood cottage in front of me.

"Home.." I mumbled and tripped up and headed there. Five stood up too and followed.

"Where are we?!" He asked again, I opened the door and walked inside with a bright smile on my face. Placing the briefcase on the ground, I took off my shoes and rushed inside.

"Fin?! Hello?! What is that here?" Five ran behind me, I turned to him.

"This is my home.." I said with open arms, biting my bottom lip. Five took off his shoes too and started to look around.

"Your home? Is that your wife?" He asked and pointed at one of the pictures that were standing on the shelf. I nodded.

"Jolina.." I mumbled, then I saw Five's face and my smile dropped. Shaking my head, I looked away.

"It was you, wasn't it..?" I whispered, he nodded.

"I didn't know-" he started but I shook my head and he stayed quiet.

"It wasn't your fault, Five.. and that's not why we're here. The time flows differently in Canada and since it's a different timeline too.. We would have enough time to go back to your home and save your family." I explained quickly, Five sighed and nodded while I went to the kitchen.

Starting to make coffee, I suggested Five to sit down. He didn't but looked around for another minute, looking at paintings, pictures and other things. But when I placed a cup of coffee on the table, he sat down and waited.

"So? What's so important to tell me, Fin?" He asked and took a sip of his hot coffee. I sighed, nodded and also sat down, facing him. With a deep exhale, I nodded and made myself a bit less of a mess and smiled awkwardly through the pain in my chest.

"Well, I think I should start from the beginning, because it's gonna be.. a long night." I said and he scoffed, leaning against the chair.

"Then let's start." He said and smiled.

"Well, when I was 16 years old.. I ran away from home.. and that's when I met the Handler.." I started.

Packing a few things aggressively into a small backpack, my door got ripped open and someone grabbed my arm. He turned me around.

"Where the hell are you planning to go?!" Ben yelled at me. I pushed him away and he let go off my arm.

"I'm leaving." I said and kept packing, Ben scoffed behind me, so I turned back to him.

"Say it."

"You're not fucking leaving." He claimed and leaned a little closer to me. Now, I scoffed and shook my head, also leaning toward him.

"Hell, I am." Then I grabbed my backpack, heading out of my room, Ben right behind me.

"No! You can't just leave me here alone with them! Fin! FIN!" He yelled, I bursted around and he tripped back a bit.

"I can and will leave. I'm done with this! The only thing this family has ever done to me is shut me down. My powers? Oh, I can control them. BUT I LEARNED IT MYSELF!" I snapped and with a quivering chin, I headed away again.

"I know! But you can't just run away! That's not gonna solve any problems!" He yelled back and followed me again.

"What about Sloane?! You can't leave her!" He tried but I kept running only to pass my sister. She pointed at me and wanted to talk but I kept going and going.