Prologue - Yuze: Happy End

Author's note: Hey guys! This is a fanfic from the video game Guardian Tales. It's a super fun retro looking game I'm pretty sure you can play on any device. In any case, I recommend playing it or watching till world 10's 4th stage while doing all the Yuze side missions for maximum impact. In any case, enjoy the story.

Oh, and if you're one of the hoard of people who I managed to interest in the subreddit... hi... hope this meets your expectations...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuze's POV

I stirred in my bed. Something felt wrong, I could feel it. This bed didn't feel like my own.

"You OK there sweetie?" A soothing voice came from the other side... it was... my Partner... the Knight of Kanterbury... but he was just there on the bed with me. And between us...

"You looked a bit uncomfortable back there... if you want, we can go to our room with Yuze Jr. I'm sure she'll understand her bed's s bit small for all three of us."

I blinked.

And blinked again.

And smiled.

"Sure thing," I said, going to pick up my daughter. The nightmares of him disappearing from my life gone in it's entirety. Happy memories flooded in.

Of going to the pool where I worked as a lifeguard.

Of an adventure where we defeated a beast that was terrorising a village.

Of the time he "lost" his adventurer card just before we needed to leave and it turned out to be in his pocket.

Of him reappearing after his disappearance.

Of him fixing everything that happened in Havenhold during his disappearance.

Of our marriage.

Of helping take care of the princess with him when Lorraine was busy with something or the other...

Of... when Yuze Jr. was born.

He stood infront of our bedroom door and as we approached, he opened the door with a small joking bow.

I bowed back.

We both chuckled a bit.

I walked to the bed. As I was putting Yuze Jr. down, he jumped my from behind and nuzzled my neck, his stubble scratching lightly against my skin.

"Stop!" I chided, wriggling free from his grasp "not while I'm holding Jr. over here!"

"She was already on the bed though..." he replied.

I turned around and faced him, his arms still wrapped around me, "You," I paused, looking into his eyes, "need to calm down."

"And you," he nuzzled me again, "need to stop being so perfect."

We both laughed.

"Well, I'm not sleepy anymore," I said, "what about you?"

"Not in the slightest... what did you have in mind?"

"Hold on for a minute," I said, rushing to a shelf and coming back with a photo album.

"That old thing?"

"We haven't added anything new to the book in ages... why not add a picture now?"

"What? Of the three of us together?"

"Yeah."

The Knight took a second and left, coming back with an old looking camera.

"C'mon," he said, walking over to the bed, "let's take that picture."

I smiled and joined him.

Me. Partner. And Yuze Jr. in the middle.

I couldn't be happier...

It's as if all this were a dream...

...

...

...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes.

"Sorry Yuze, I'd go longer for your dream therapy, but..." one of the succubi that work with me said.

"I know... I need to regain some energy..."

"Not just that ma'am," she paused "someone's shown up..."

"So... take whoever it is in, like you normally do... make sure that you don't hurt them... you know what to-"

"It's a Knight... one with a dumbface... and you were talking about... uh..."

Silence fell upon the room.

Was it really him? Could he still be around?

"I'll deal with him. Prepare everyone to ease him into his dreams..."

I wonder if I would be in one...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Part 1

P.S.: Do not worry, my fine, Yuze loving bastards, await the second part. All will be well...

No, but seriously... I'll fix everything when we go back to the past... which is in chapter 2.

There'll be a vote after that chapter to continue the story or to leave it there...

Anyway, hope that was a good chapter...