Prologue 2: An End. A Beginning.

Author's note: Trying to not keep you guys hanging...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knight's POV

"YUZE!" I shouted out as she dropped down to one knee.

"You won, Partner... So... what now? Want me to stop the dream therapy?" She asked, gasping for air, clutching the wound on her side, "I'm telling you, I'm at my limit... once I wake them up, I can't put them back to sleep."

"Please... just stop this... we can put and end to this and move on..." I paused, "Just like old times..."

"Really?!" She burst out, "Do you really think this reality is worth living?! You think we can just go back to those 'old times'?!"

"Ye... of course..." I stammered, taken aback by the answer.

"Alright," she scoffed, "Alright! Let's see if the people here truly want to face reality..."

She raised Tartaros to the sky. As soon as she did, voices began to cry out in agony around me, screaming for lost loved ones.

And she laughed.

Slowly at first. A light chuckle.

Then it grew louder.

Louder and more manic.

"Well, how do you like it?" She half screamed, half laughed and half cried at me, "Do you see what you did?"

"We... we can still save everyone... there's still a chance. There's always a chance..."

She looked at me as if she was looking at something that had fallen out of the sky, something she couldn't make sense of.

She chuckled again, tired this time, "Yeah... yeah, you were always that kind of person..." she paused. "Go... you have no businesses here now, do you?"

The gate behind me opened up.

I stood there, still dazed by her words.

"Yuze... you could come with me... leave this all behind..."

"You know... if you said that a few years ago... I would've come running... but right now... I've got nothing..." she paused, walking up to me.

She pecked me on the lips and turned around. "Really, you should go... I'm staying here."

She probably didn't want me to know that she was crying, but I could hear it in her voice.

"Goodbye... Partner..."

I started to walk away. I could still fix things... stop the invaders... maybe then, everything can be fine again... though my mind settled on a green glow in her palm as I passed through the open gates.

It clicked in my head.

The gates closed behind me.

I felt sick when I heard the sound.