Chapter 2: Homecoming Party

Author's note: Sorry for the wait, but this is most likely gonna be the norm from now on... I got exams coming and college, as you probably know is the Hell's Earth branch. That being said, at least it's better than what my DITF fanfic fans have gone through... if you're reading this, sorry guys... I promise I have a side story coming up. Just having a bit of trouble with politics... never been my strong suit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favi's POV

He woke up soon after. He was apparently malnourished, exhausted and beaten. Whatever story he had to tell about getting back, it wasn't going to be pretty though it would be quite the story.

"I'm fine," he insisted, pushing me aside as he got up from his bed, "How long have I been away?"

"Not much longer than a year, actually..." I replied, "People were worried but only a few of them gave up hope. We know you're a tough nut to crack." I paused, lowering my voice before continuing, "though, both for your sake and their's, I'd recommend taking it easy for a bit. Whatever it is you've been through, it's left your body a total wre-"

"Partner?" Yuze poked her head through the door.

"Yuze!" The Knight replied, getting up and stumbling a bit, "I'm good!" He put his hand out to us, telling us that he didn't want the help, "Just... my legs are kinda figuring this whole walking thing again."

"That... sounds serious." Yuze replied, looking concerned.

"It is! He's-" I tried to say.

"It's nothing..." he interjected, "I'm fine..."

"Oh... OK... if you say so," she said, paused then she seemed like she remembered something, "Anyway, I just came to say that everyone's holding a party for your return. If you can't show up, we'll understand. You look like you've been through hell and..."

"I'll be there," he straightened up to his full height. He looked as if nothing had happened if not for the significantly slimmer physique, "I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

He smiled.

It was the same careless smile everyone had seen on his face.

He almost fooled me with the smile, but I knew his condition. It's like he was fighting a war non stop for who knows how long. He came here dehydrated, malnourished, exhausted and not completely unscathed. Nothing he had suffered would be fatal, but he would keep plenty of scars from the experience and a bit of trouble reaching his peak again but not impossible. If that was just his resilience or his luck, I don't think I'll ever know.

Yuze, on the other hand, ate it up.

I suppose we were all waiting for him to come back. He might not be one for words, and he might not be the strongest on Heavenhold  but his actions have a charisma to it. He was a born leader and he was the only one who could turn a bunch of people like us, people with no business with one another to a tight knit group.

A family.

Yuze left the room looking like she was holding back the urge to hop and skip away to try and not betray how dire she once thought the situation was.

After she was gone, I pulled the Knight down to my level.

His knees buckled and he just caught himself on the bed.

"As you can see, you are in no shape to go for anything like this," I snarled, "and while I'd suggest that you stay here and take rest, I know you'll just disregard that and go anyway, so I'll ask you to just take it easy."

"C'mon Favi, you know me! I'm always taking things easy!"

"Clearly, not what you need to," I sighed, "You need to take better care of yourself."

"Alright, I will..." he relented.

He won't, I thought to myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LP's POV

Everyone was happy to see the Knight back on his feet. Even Bianca, despite her distaste to the attention Yuze was giving him, was relieved to see him doing fine, if  only just so that Yuze would pay less attention to him. Unfortunately for her, Yuze was more interested in making sure he was doing okay.

She used me as a pretext to do so. Sure, she had grown close to me but even before she told me when she came up to me, I knew what she had planned.

"Well," I said, "I've been with her a lot while you were gone... it'd feel wierd if she wasn't around all of a sudden."

The Knight just raised an eyebrow with a smile and agreed.

We ended up cruising through the party as a group talking to everyone. Eventually, we got to Captain Eva, "I remember when were just a rookie, kid. Now...," she looked at the three of us together, and chuckled "You three look kinda look like a family, actually."

Yuze blushed at that. "I'm just helping him take care of the Princess!" She blurted.

"I guess we do..." the Knight chuckled, "What do you think, Princess?"

"Yeah!" I replied.

Yuze just became redder.

Lorraine was rushing about the place, ordering androids around to make sure everyone's cups were overflowing and plates filled to the brim. Despite her cold demeanor, she was actually distraught at the news of the Knight disappearing. She was the one to suggest a party too.

Now, she was looking at the Knight rage in her eyes, like all her worry is for nothing. She's still happy to see him, though. She also kept pouring him drinks, me too, but mjne was orange juice, not the adult drinks.

Guess getting someone drunk can also be seen as a form of revenge.

He didn't seem to mind, just enjoying the moment.

By the time most of the others had a light pink shade on their faces, his face seemed red.

"I... think it's time you go home." Yuze said, her face voice still making sense unlike the Knight.

"Iz faein!" He replied, "Jush a lil' ship"

He fell right into her arms.

"I'm carrying you to bed, Partner," She declared, "you need to sleep."

"Huh? Whachu talkin about?," The Knight replied, only for Yuze to drag him along.

"I'm faaaaaaain!"

"No, you're not!" Yuze replied, chuckling while dragging off a very unsteady Knight.

The two went on to the Inn going back and forth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: What will happen when these two are alone? While they let their drunkenness take over, or will they make sure I never have to write smut (Let's be honest, I wouldn't even wish the fate of reading it to my worst enemy)? Find out next time on Yuze...

P.S.S.: I don't even watch Pokémon! What the fuuuuuuuuck?! You can't make me feel these things!
https://www.reddit.com/r/lostpause/comments/zus3ql/goodbye_perfect_employee/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button