16 (pt.2)

Izzy's POV

Everything was spinning.

I felt like I was suffocating as I pushed my way through Ethan's apartment, sweat running down the back of my neck from all the bodies surrounding me. The loud bass of the pounding music reverberated through the noisy apartment, mingling with people's voices and laughters. The smell of weed traveled through the entire place, and cups littered the floors and tables around me. Too many people had showed up tonight.

I let my eyes scan the people around me, hoping to catch sight of Sydney or anyone else I knew. My legs felt oddly disconnected from my body as I tried my best to keep my balance, but I'd lost count of how many drinks I'd had earlier and it was only just starting to hit me.

I dodged all sorts of limbs as I maneuvered myself through the crowds, my pulse echoing through the base of my throat as my ears rang from all the noise. I was trying to push past a group of guys when a hand wrapped around my wrist. I turned around, doing a double take when I saw Chase standing behind me.

He leaned down so I'd be able to hear him. "You okay? Caleb's been trying to find you," he shouted over the music, shifting back slightly so he could meet my gaze.

I nodded. "There's just too many people, I'm not used to it," I told him, wincing when someone's elbow bumped into my back and sent me stumbling forward. Chase caught me before I fell against his chest, his hands gripping my upper arms.

"C'mon, I saw your friend by the drinks," he said, trailing his hand down my arm to grab ahold of my hand. He turned around and started pulling me through the crowds.

I spotted Sydney's midnight black hair before I saw her. She was focused on pouring shots for a group of people, but her attention drifted over to me when Chase and I approached. Her expression lit up and she quickly gestured me over.

Chase released me, but stayed close as I walked over to Sydney. She threw her arm around my neck, pressing her lips against the side of my head so she could speak. I could tell she was already drunk from the way she leaned all of her weight on me.

"Take shots with me," her words came out slurred as she handed me a shot glass filled to the rim. "We need to get you drunk tonight. It's been too long."

"Be careful, I saw you drinking earlier ," Chase warned, but we both ignored him.

I smiled, but didn't argue. I coughed as the liquid burned a path down my throat, but didn't protest as Sydney handed me another one. And then another. And another. I lost count of how many I'd taken but by the time we were done, Sydney was practically slumped against me and I felt like I was floating as the room began to whirl.

Sydney was giggling as she poured me another one. I'd just reached for it when Chase interrupted us, his hand knocking the glass away before I could grab it.

"Alright, that's enough," he ordered, his face stern as I twisted around to glare at him.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because I know you'll regret this later," he deadpanned. At the same time, Sydney began to slip from my arms. My reflexes were slightly delayed now because of the alcohol, but Chase moved quickly and grabbed onto my friend before she could fall, grunting as he held her up. "C'mon," he said, reaching for me with his free hand. "I'll take you two to Ethan's room."

He tried to grab my arm, but I moved faster than him. He shouted my name as I swerved his hand, spinning around so I could run away. I was laughing as I stumbled through the groups of people.

I was hardly paying attention to where I was going, so I couldn't stop myself before I went crashing into someone's hard chest. I grunted and looked up, doing a double take when I realized Julian was standing right in front of me.