Chapter twenty six

[How it began]

15 years later

Author:

Many years went by with peace and harmony.

The villagers received ample amount of rain to revive through the damages caused by the drought and though it was all the work of nature and nothing to do with the sacrifice of the young child; they believed otherwise.

To the world the girl was dead; eaten by the wild or died out of starvation.
However, we all know that wasn’t the case.

Up above the land of the mortal’s lies the relic of gods.
In the father most abundant part of it, is the territory allotted to the deity of doom, where he has been living all by himself for eons and eons until he 15 years ago.

However that isn’t the only change that has occurred in his immortal life.

It so happens to be that our deity has finally managed to make his heart beat for someone other than himself.

Doom:

I hear a large blasting from the kitchen to which I’m not fazed at all.

“Sorry!!”

The same word with the same feminine voice I’ve been hearing for past few years ever since she gained interest in cooking.

I internally sigh.

As I make my way to the kitchen I see smoke covering its entire entrance.

Seems like we have upgraded to another level.

I clear the room out of smoke and find her coughing and throwing whatever she was making but utterly failed.

“Are you trying to roast yourself, love?”, I wipe the ash off her face.

She narrows her eyes, like she always does when I tease her.

“I swear I did everything correct this time!”, she whines “I thought today of all day things would cooperate with me”

I chuckle

“And some people do not even bother remembering what day it is”

She leaves the kitchen, huffing and puffing with frustration, while I’m left there to clean the mess as always.

By the time I’m done fixing the damage and go outside I see Chaeyoung at her usual favourite spot.
The edge of our yard where I had a swing built for her.

Through that spot one can see the great waterfall of our relic-  Seongsu,  which falls down to the land of the living.

“Do you plan on sulking the entire day?”, I stand in front of her
She doesn’t reply, rather she turns her gaze to the side.

“If that’s the case I can’t help it. I wanted to take you into the woods”

Instantly her head turns towards me
I smirk

The fish has taken the bait.

She coughs, “Umm if you had already planned it, let’s go. It would be a waste to just sit here.”

“Then shall we?”, I extend my hand.

She doesn’t acknowledge it.
Still angry it seems. Well that will change.

As I begin to lead the way I feel a small tug in my sleeves.
I see her small hands catching the end of my hanbok.

I smile.
Stubborn much.

_

I take her to the eastern most side of the forest, one of my favourite spots that I discovered.

It was the section where sakura trees bloomed throughout the year. No matter how much they shed their leaves it still bloomed and thrived.

As soon as we arrived at our destination I hear Chaeyoung suck in a deep breath.

“Liked it, love?”
She nodded, taking in her surroundings.

Her eyes sparkled with joy and excitement, “Loved it. How did you find this place, Jungkook?”

My heart does that thing again whenever she calls me that.
The name she gave me the day she arrived this place.

“I’ve had enough time to venture out in the past decades”,  I walk behind her

She doesn’t even notice my presence until I bring my hand in front of her.

“What is it?”

Instead of answering her I open my palm to show a silver pendant lying in it.
“Oh my- That’s so pretty”

I wasn’t sure whether she would like it, but I think I made the right decision.

“Put it on for me”

As to her wish I placed the silver piece to where it belonged.
I had carved it myself into the shape of plum.

“Do you know what does a plum signify in the language of flowers, love?”
“Enlighten me”

“It symbolises hope, warmth and the promise of fruitfulness. It shows purity and the beauty thriving in adverse circumstances”

It signifies everything you are and have brought in my life.

“Happy birthday Chaeyoung”

I lower my head to meet her lips and claim them mine.

She smiles, “You remember”
“I wouldn’t forget it for the world”

Author:

The two of them sat happily, laughing and enjoying each other’s company for the rest of the day without having a single clue that there was another eye watching their interaction from far away.

Yup
Fast forward to the parts where they already in love

Hope you enjoyed it !!