Chapter 3

LEAVES, TREES AND WEDNESDAY hovering over her

 LEAVES, TREES AND WEDNESDAY hovering over her. She had blacked out last night. Simone sat up.

 Shit, where am I?

 She looked up and freezed, her eyes meeting Wednesday's. Her heartbeat and breath quickened, as she backed up, her back hitting a tree's trunk behind her.

 " Welcome back to the land of the living", Wednesday announced monotonously. She took one step towards her," I was taking my morning walk, when I came across you, unconscious. Why?"

 Fuck, I can't tell her. At least not now

 Her mind raced, trying to find a good enough excuse to get her out of trouble.

 Simone's palms started sweating," Uh- Um I went on a walk yesterday, at midnight", Wednesday raised her brow", and I -uh- tripped over that rock", she pointed towards a moss-covered rock," Which probably knocked me out".

 Simone got up and tittered," Aha, well, I've got to prepare for today's classes," she started walking away," See yo--", However, Ms Addams had other plans.

 " Not so fast", Wednesday grabbed her arm, with unexpected strength.

 The brunette threw her head back, facing the sky as something seemed to get over her.

 Uh, she looks possessed

 Simone cocked her head and looked at the possessed girl in bewilderment, as the latter stood like that for 5 seconds straight.

 Wednesday straightened up suddenly, her wide eyes glancing at the red-head.

 Simone's eyebrows furrowed," Are you okay? You looked like some spirit had taken over you".

 Wednesday's eyes kept scrutinizing at her, as if trying to understand something.

 " ... "

 " You're right. We have to get ready for today".

 Wednesday let go of her, pacing away from her and towards the school. Leaving Simone alone with the trees and her own thoughts.

 How did I get away with that poor excuse?

 And what happened to Wednesday?

 A slight breeze passed through the forest.

∼  ∼  ∼

 Wednesday entered fencing class. Various students were already in on-going bouts, occasionally glancing at a fierce fight in the center of the class. In the battle, a figure with a blood red fencing uniform stuck out like a sore thumb.