people who make us meet life

"are you sure you want to buy something?" nene says as masao walks beside her on the roadwalk. she was on the the road's side.

she believed masao was too weak to prevent anything coming his way so she had to be there. weak was to say, she actually believed it's better if he stays on the safe side. not quite knowing the exact reason. but she wanted him protected.

"yes. why?" he asks as she shrugs,"i think it's better to draw something for her. you're an amazing artist"

"I'm not that good..." masao shyly looks at the roadpath, "no shit sherlock" she shakes her head.

"that's old now, she must be bored from all the unnecessary paintings" he sighs as nene senses something.

"your self esteem is low again, and i know exactly why" she tightens her fist at the thought.

"it isn't like that.. i really wanted to get her something new" masao smiles ever so sweetly. one could say he had mastered the act by now.

nene lets out a sigh,"of course you can do whatever you want but masao-kun, remember one thing. no one else is ever as important for you to feel worthless because of them. and" she hesitates to continue.

"no matter what you may feel about everyone, kasukabe defense group will always believe in you" she quickly walks further while he's lost in thought about what he just heard.

realising that he was much behind her, he catches up,"do you want strawberry milk?" he asks, that had been their of making up after fights, or to cover up awkward talks.

she nods and he smiles to himself.

"here" masao says handing her the drink and then gets himself an apple juice too. nene looks at it and it reminds her why he likes it in the first place.

because ai-chan once said she loved it, and drinks it often. why does she? because shin-chan loves it. it would be fair to say we have two hopless romantics here, nene thought.

"will you be joining the culture club?" masao asks,"thanks for not calling it the 'drama' club. and i think I'll go for it. you?"

"manga club" they both say simultaneously and a laugh follows after,"bo-chan was so quick to choose" masao says.

nene nods," he had people begging him from almost every club" and with no notice, her milk is over.

"what type of gift do you want?" she asks him as masao goes deep into thought, and then laughs,"i don't know. that's why you're here"

"hmm, your mom is as simple as you, she likes things with meanings. not just expensive looking stuff, let's go to a vintage shop? maybe seeing something from her childhood will make her happy" masao looks up in amazement and nods hastily.

"I'm not that old but i get super nostalgic when i see kids play the house game, or swing in the park. or when i find something from when we were in kindergarten. you got my point"

"i know it all too well" he says and gets up from the bench as he puts the can inside the dustbin.

"are we going to keep walking like this?" kazama asks as shinnosuke is busy thinking nothing.

"why not?" he asks back almost too casually, kazama can't help but think shinnosuke is doing this on purpose. a purpose that's definitely serving what it's supposed to.

"why did you even start this in the first place?" kazama rolls his eyes,"do i need a reason to hold my best friend's hands? i see girls in our school do that all the time! and i get jealous. you don't treat me well" he pouts dramatically.

"fine, fine. but now we have to part ways" he says as the stop at the point where their directions for home are different.

"can't you come with me? go back later" shinnosuke looks at him with puppy eyes, "not at all. i need to study" kazama shakes his head.

"how about you study at my house?" kazama could never take the risk. god knows where his mind might wander off to if he's alone in a room with shinnosuke.

"I'll ask your mom" and before kazama could stop him, shinnosuke dials the number," konichiwa! can kazama-kun please come to my house to study?" he says on the phone while kazama mentally wishes for his mom to say no.

"oh, that'll be a delight. he barely leaves his room. just make sure to send him before it's too dark" his mom says as shinnosuke enthusiastically nods.

"he'll be out of our house as soon as the clock tucks seven. thank you!" he says and call ends.

well, good luck kazama.

"let's go" shinnosuke puts his arm around the blue haired guy and drags him along. and so he gets dragged.

shinnosuke removes his shoes in a manner kazama would call 'that's so shinnosuke'. he sets them aside in an organised order as the other one quickly goes upstairs.

"You're not going to greet your mom?" kazama asks.

"oh right, I'm home misae!" he shouts and then runs up as kazama sighs and makes his way towards the kitchen.

"konichiwa!" he bows making misae turn to him. he guessed she didn't hear shinnosuke earlier, that's good.

"nice to see you after so long, kazama-kun! are you here for a sleepover?" she happily asks. kazama has a great image in her eyes.

"ah, no. I'm just here for a study session" he politely answers,"awh, is that so? I'll bring the snacks soon" she says.

with that, kazama once again lightly bows and turns back to go upstairs while shinnosuke here was finally done changing his clothes. kazama enters his room and is surprised at the sight.

"when did you even change?" he asks entering the room, instinctively pushing the door behind him to close but that one small action felt like a conflict to him. during the process of closing it he constantly kept debating whether he should just leave it open or not.

kazama wouldn't lie to himself, after the unbelievable dreams he wasn't quite confident in himself or his mind. and the last thing he'd want would be to make shinnosuke uncomfortable, intentionally or unintentionally.

"close that fast, and lock it. hima-chan is too sneaky" that somehow makes kazama feel relief from his anxious thoughts. suddenly a brisk of lightness, shinnosuke always brought that with him.

"what if she is? we're only going to study, so we could tell her we'll play after it's done"

"you don't know her" shinnosuke almost mumbles to himself, kazama didn't quite understand that but leaves it unsaid. the brother and sister duo have had quite a dynamic ever since hima-chan got some senses.

kazama then does close and lock the door, not feeling as bad yet having a lingering feeling. he makes his way to shinnosuke's study table and sits there.

"don't be a bummer, we're not actually going to study, are we?" shinnosuke whines making kazama smile at his adorable pout— at his stupid actions that kazama totally thought were cute in a platonic sense.

"we are. what else would we do?" he looks at the now smirking shinnosuke.

"there's alot we could do, come onto the bed and I can show you. since I'm a visual teacher" he opens his arms as if asking for a huge hug. kazama couldn't help but laugh yet feel chemicals blasting in his head.

---

someone's back!