somewhere something [not a main story ch ]

After the dramatic session, in kazama's words, he went back home despite shinnosuke basically hanging onto his shirt. kazama couldn't have stayed with him in the same room the whole night after those dreams. he felt guilty enough to talk to shinnosuke.

"this is not going to end well" he mumbles kicking the stone that had just came in his way. both hands in pocket, he wonders where that habit came from.

a smiles tigs onto his lips as the memory resurfaces, it's of course because of shinnosuke. due to him constantly wanting to hold hands with kazama he developed a habit of keeping them inside his pocket.

but that never stopped shinnosuke from grabbing them if the pocket was big enough, and if not, he'd cling onto the arm.

the thoughts make kazama soft as he giggles lightly to himself, feeling somewhat special. he can't help but think how ai-chan would give up the whole world for this small action but he gets it for free. the kazama privilege, shinnosuke calls it.

"i told you drugs are no good, look at him walking on the ninth cloud" he suddenly hears a familiar voice and looks up coming back from his favourite thoughts.

"nene! what will others think if they heard you" masao says panicking to nene as she rolls her eyes.

"i mean, we've been best friends for life. if he's got a crush, we should know about it first" she folds her arms as kazama makes his way towards them.

"who said i have a crush?" kazama laughs.

"your smile?" nene confronts as kazams is suddenly at a loss of words while masao feels more awkward than the blue haired guy.

"what even. there's nothing like that" kazama looks towards the ground. nene's words create a war in his head. he doesn't want to name it that

"look, even if it's a boy, we're okay with that. don't keep things bottled up"

this one sentence makes his ears go redder than the tomato in masao's bag. kazama quickly takes out a drink from his bag and gulps it down.

"You're crazy. why would i like a guy? i don't like anybody, stop assuming things" he quickly walks away as she doesn't stop him.

"i told you to not say anything like that"

"i was just trying to get him flustered. also, don't tell me you don't see what i see" she turns to him as his eyes are confused.

"what is it...?" nene giggles at the sight and ruffles his now grown hairs.

"nothing, you oblivious rice cake" she says and starts walking as masao picks up the vegetable bags and follows her.

"by the way, do you like anyone?" he asks her as she looks at him surprised hearing that come out of masao.

"why would you want to know?" she asks back as they walk with masao a little behind her.

"you said we should know each other's crushes" he mumbkes slowly looking at the ground.

"well, right. other than kento yamazaki, there's no one i like at the moment" she puts her hands behind her vack and slows down so that masao can catch up.

"what about the soccer guy you said was finally your true love?"

"don't bring him up ever again, he's not my type"

"why?"

"he's way too cute for me. i can't handle cute guys" she shakes her head rolling her eyes as masao giggles lightly."what?" nene asks back.

"it's true, i can't imagine someone innocent with yo– I'm sorry" he looks down.

"you're right, someone like me seems to only go with gangsters, huh?" they both laugh at that.

"I'm just realising, we never talked about this before. what do you like about ai?" she takes two of the bags from his hands.

"well... she's elegant? and she's pretty too"

"... that's all? that's all you've got to say after having a crush on her for the past decade!?" she looks at him unbelievably as masao averts his gaze.

"i don't know... it was just a chance to impress someone when we were kids.. but then time passed by and it just became a thing?"

"liking her? let's change the question, do you feel happy around her?"

"i do get nervous whe—"

"not anxiety. I'm talking about being happy. does it lighten up your day to see her? do you feel like everything is good now that she's in front of you?"

"uh.. i don't quite now...?" he mumbles as she sighs. that was expected of him.

"it's alright, let's talk when you're ready" and they walk back home.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

I'M SLACKING OFF SO MUCH AND I APOLOGIZE FOR IT  🧎🏻‍♀️