Battle to the Death!

A/N: So I made a small mistake in the last chapter. Rachel was supposed to work under an alias on the 2nd floor but she told the mc her actual name.

Any way, that's been fixed in this chapter and the one before this so enjoy the chapter.

__________

__________

"Help? How so?" I said warily, not daring to look away from the three cloaked figures in front of me.

"I want you to join my team." The blonde haired girl with freckles said. Did she say her name was Michelle?

"Team? What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's quite simple actually. You need a team in order to climb up the tower. I want you to join us." Rachel replied

"And what if I say no?"

"Then you won't be alive to take the next test." This time, it was the other cloaked figure that replied.

I narrowed my eyes at that, my hands now gripping the sword harder than before.

"Now, now. That could've been phrased better but..." Michelle paused, "You should really consider your choice wisely Mr.."

I didn't reply. From the corner of my eyes I summoned the pocket and looked at the amount of time left for the test to be over.

7 minutes and 48 seconds.

I took a deep breath. Among the three cloaked figures in front of me, only two seemed to have a dangerous feeling to them. The last one, Michelle, was not at all intimidating.

I lowered my sword. Rachel and the other cloaked figure smiled seeing that. As for the big guy.. I couldn't tell.

"Then I've decided." I said, slowly mobilizing my inner shinsoo.

Then without any word, I pushed the ground with my legs, catapulting myself towards them.

An expression of shocked, which soon turned into excitement was seen on the still unknown cloaked figures. As for Michelle, she held her eyes down in disappointment.

With a momentary pause the big guy slashed up at my comparatively tiny figure, threatening to tear me in two pieces. The cleaver was deflected towards the hilt of my own blade as they made contact.

I willed the shinsoo to empower me and pushed the cleaver away from my body, using the momentum to launch an attack at his now exposed torso.

Just then, a sudden chill ran down my spine. Instinctively, I held up the sword to my side. The without any delay a huge force slammed into my sword and I was launched in the opposite direction at a frighting speed.

I impacted on the ground which pushed the air out of my lungs.

I quickly pushed myself up from the ground and stablized myself.

Looking back towards them, I could see the shorter cloaked figure looking towards me with a smile. Although her expression did indicate her shock clearly. Hmm. Strange. Since when was I this good at deciphering expressions?

"As I thought, you are strong. Any other regular wouldn't even be able to block my attack, much less stand up after it." She said. Speaking of, her cloak was now off her head, revealing her beautiful face.

She had dark brown hair with bright gold eyes. Her face looked perfectly symmetrical and she had a small horn sticking out of her right temple.

"It felt like I was hit by a truck. What are you, a tank?" I said

Hearing that, the girl looked slightly shocked before her face turned into one of anger.

Behind the girl, the big guy jumped into the air, with the giant cleaver in his hand.