Lost Smile

👈More In Past 👈

Mr. Kang, was Minho's caretaker since the boy was 11.He was a tall man with broad shoulders, trained in taekwondo and was good in fighting too. Resulting giving him the image more of a bodyguard. He was one of the most trusted employees of Mr. Lee and thus had vested his sons complete safety and responsibility in his hands. Mr. Kang was practically Minho's shadow.

Minho was a very well behaved, polite and humble kid growing up. He would make sure everyone around him are happy and are smiling. He hated dull and boring atmosphere so Minho's parents (his dad in particular) always made sure to keep the house joyful. Mr. Lee and Minho would play games like hide and seek, pictionary, dumb charades after dinner most nights before tucking his precious son in bed with a good night kiss. Mrs. Lee though never  participated in father-son games, but looking at them having fun and filling the house with the sounds of their laughter made her happy..  

When Mr. Lee was out of town due to work, it was Mr. Kang who would keep Minho company. Mr. Kang made sure the boy was kept safe and happy all the time. They both got along quite well. But Minho wanted his parents around .. 

As the Lee Group started growing big, Minho's parents had very little to no time for him. They were always out on work, business trips failing to be around their son. Minho was left with Mr. Kang all the time .. In a span of couple of years Mr. Kang saw Minho change to completely different person. The once loveable and cheerful boy had now morphed into a cold silent one loosing emotions one after the other with each passing day. Lack of his parents presence in his life and their ever growing expectations from him on doing a good job was making Minho loose his charms.. 

Mr. Kang always reminisced the times when Minho was 11 or 12 playing they played basketball, going out for his most favorite thing the world "ice creams". And of course never to forget Minho's cringe sing song dance while asking Ice Creams .. 

Minho would put his hands up and down turning his whole body in circles, singing   ---   
"I Scream ..You Scream .. We all scream for Ice Cream .." 
" I Scream ..You Scream .. Give me that ..Give me that.. Ice Cream .." 

How Mr. Kang wished someone could bring back that lost smile on Minho's face ....   

.............................................................................

👈London Past👈

When Mr. Kang walked in Minho's apartment to drop of some groceries, after he had completed arrangements related to their travel back to Korea... He instantly sensed that the boy was not in a good mood. Not because there was no lights turned on, but he could clearly hear Minho franticly banging his hands and legs on his bed before stopping bringing the whole house back to silence. 

Mr. Kang(Knocking at the door twice before opening it slightly) I have stocked some groceries and ready to eat food in the refrigerator.

Minho: Thank you .. 

Mr. Kang: Did you eat dinner?

Minho: Yes .. 

Mr. Kang: Okay.. (Looking at the untouched dinner plate on the kitchen counter that he had made for him earlier in the afternoon before leaving for errands)

Mr. Kang: umm.... Are you going out with Felix? 

Minho: Yes ..

 Mr. Kang: Can I Join ?? I am craving for ice cream too .. 

Minho: Okay..

*******

Happiness , Sadness , Anger (that was all the emotions Minho really had) .. it was only Ice creams that could bring comfort and joy which ever mood he was in.. Both Mr. Kang and Felix were well aware of Minho's feelings.. Just knowing exactly when not to talk to the boy and if spoken what was right thing at the right time making sure nothing escalates to an already ticked off Minho.. 

Minho dragged himself out of the bed slouch walking towards the door..   the stride to the ice cream parlor was quite... Minho in front and Mr. Kang following him like a shadow as usual.. 

Felix was already standing at the ice cream parlor entrance with a broad smile... Bowing to Mr. Kang, he moved to put his arms around Minho's shoulder dragging him inside the shop .. 

Wonder what was so comforting about the freckled boy that could make Minho relax instantly .. he felt secure and protected in his embrace .. he felt cared ...  

Felix: What will my angry frog price like to have today ?? 

Minho: lix ... sighed ... Mint Chocolate ... 

Felix: bad mood it is ...  

They moved towards a corner table to sit..  

Felix: strawberry for me please Mr. Kang..

Mr. Kang went to get ice creams when the boys settle down.. 

Minho: all of a sudden.. Why cant you come to Korea with me again ?

Felix: Because I need to go to see my family in Australia, convince them that I want to take up modeling after wasting their money on studying business management in London.. Don't you think the second reasons requires me to go see them personally ? 

Minho: Whatever.. I still think a video call is sufficient ... 

Felix: Don't worry .. After I tell them about my modelling aspiration, they will be equally disappointed in me as yours are with you ...  (shrieking).. then after I will stick to video calls. slow tight blink to reassure

Ice cream arrived  making them forget about things on their minds briefly .... Minho looked most human and comfortable around these two... Sometime there were traces of a tiny smile too on his face.. but at lest a half smile on Minho's face made the two feel much better..