Big Plans

"We have to celebrate" Jack said.

Phil, Jack and I were in my bedroom, and I had just told them about me signing the contract. After the training session yesterday, Southgate said that I had been accepted to the team and that I could sign the contract. I had to be there for a few more hours before I could go home, and I was so excited and relieved that I totally forgot to text the boys about the good news. We were supposed to meet all four today – me, Bukayo, Phil and Jack, but Bukayo felt sick, so he decided to stay home. I paced around my room, arms crossed in front of my chest, as Jack and Phil were sprawled out on my bed. Phil was cuddling with my dog Charlie as Jack observed my movements, head leaning on his hands.

It was a sunny afternoon in London. I wore my usual outfit – grey sweatpants with a white crop top. My hair was tied up in a messy bun and I wore the gold necklace my sister had bought me.

"I don't know" I finally said "Can't you guys just spend the night here? I don't feel like going out and meeting other people" I whined.

"No, we're going out" Jack said as he got up from the bed and walked to my desk. He started to look through my stuff. "It's been far too long since you went outside the house" he continued. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Jack, you do realize I'm only 17, right? I can't exactly go to the club like you guys." I said as I went up to him and snatched my beauty blender out of his hand. He looked at me confused. "It's for makeup, stupid" I said as I put it back in the drawer.

"We have a solution for that Addie" Jack said as he made eye contact with Phil who was still caught up by playing with my dog. I looked at Jack skeptically.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I know a few of the guys at the club in town and they would a 100% let you in. I looked at him, not quite convinced. "Trust me, they know me and Phil, they wouldn't dare to turn you down. And with you now on the team, they can't say no." he continued.

"Who's the cutest puppy in the world? Yes, that's right, you are!" We looked at Phil who was talking with Charlie with the cutest baby voice I've ever heard. As soon as I made eye contact with Jack again, we burst out laughing.

"What?" Phil looked at us confused.

"Oh, it's nothing" I said "It's just so cute when you talk to Charlie like that"

"Like what? This is my normal voice" Phil said, not a clue on what we were saying. I just giggled as I threw myself on the bed beside him. He smiled at me as we kept cuddling with my dog.

"Fine...we can go out tonight" I said after a while.

"Yes!" Jack cheered as he did a fist bump with Phil.

"On one condition, though" I continued.

"Anything" Phil was now looking at me.

"You guys can't go black out drunk" I said.

"You know I can't promise you anything" Jack sat down on the floor in front of us as he also started petting Charlie. He was a light brown cavoodle dog. When I first moved to London, I was quite lonely. One time when I went to a furniture store. There was a pet store right next to it. After my errands, I went inside and saw Charlie and I immediately fell in love. He was the cutest dog I've ever seen, so I bought him right away. Lucky enough, he was in desperate need for an owner, so I guess you could call it fate.

I rolled my eyes at him while giggling. It was actually going to be fun though. As he said, I hadn't been out in a long time, so I was more than ready to have some fun. After leaving my friends behind in Manchester, we slowly drifted apart, and we lost contact. At first, I was super sad about it, but now I don't really mind. It was fun while it lasted. That also meant I didn't have any girlfriends left. Maybe it was time to get to know one another.